Pauling therapy for high bp or PAD

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Pauling therapy for high bp or PAD

Post Number:#1  Post by Lone Dog » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:46 am

Hi folks, this is my first post.

I was wondering what effects the PT have on the cardiovascular system in general. My bp is not far above the norm, and I want it to not get any higher. Usually when reading about the PT, the heart is the main area of discussion, but I am interested in a more system-wide effect, is it going to help people with peripheral arterial disease, intermittent claudication etc? Is it able to reverse the clogging of the system?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Pauling therapy for high bp or PAD

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:28 am

Lone Dog wrote:Hi folks, this is my first post.

I was wondering what effects the PT have on the cardiovascular system in general. My bp is not far above the norm, and I want it to not get any higher. Usually when reading about the PT, the heart is the main area of discussion, but I am interested in a more system-wide effect, is it going to help people with peripheral arterial disease, intermittent claudication etc? Is it able to reverse the clogging of the system?

The most interesting aspect of the very early work, the Willis work in Canada, was the observation that cardiovascular disease, the atherosclerosis, normally occurs close to the heart where blood pressure is the highest. Willis noticed this over and over before he began his experimentation. Plaques were occuring where it made sense - where the arteries suffer the most wear and tear, in the same places in all his patients.

So to the extent that peripheral arterial disease and I. C. are caused by the breakdown of the arterial wall, Pauling's therapy will strengthen and thus improve the health of the entire cardiovascular system.

On the other hand, these conditions, far away from the strong heart beat, are probably caused by another factor (other than physical forces) and this factor must be addressed. This missing factor may explain why not everyone with these conditions experiences the same benefit as a typical CVD patient on the Pauling therapy. (We do get reports of improvement, but there may be other orthomolecular nutrients which are more important, e.g. magnesium, and perhaps even lower homocysteine, which may be able to react easier with the arterial wall where the blood is pooling, rather than gushing.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Lone Dog » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:46 am

Hi Owen, thanks for your reply. My bp was 130/80 at the last test, not bad, and I don't want it to get higher than that. I don't have I.C. either. I'm sure there are benefits from the PT for the whole system. It's been noted that cholesterol rises for patients with cardiovascular disease when they start taking vitamin c, with the theory that the c is freeing it from plaques. The body has a lot of miles of arteries where it's going to come from.

I wonder how the damage occurs to arteries away from the heart (i.e. arms, legs), where the mechanical stress is not so great. I guess we all have a little bit of that kind of atherosclerosis.

WindReaver

Post Number:#4  Post by WindReaver » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:39 pm

MY BP was 160/100 at my doctor visit several months ago. At home I measured it anywhere from 140/85 to 155/100 on a regular basis. After using one jar of Cardio-C my BP is now consistently around 127/75 to 135/85 though usually stays near 130/78. I would say that it works. :D

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”