Vitamin E woes

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

sanderson

Vitamin E woes

Post Number:#1  Post by sanderson » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:44 pm

Hello everyone. I was just hoping that someone could perhaps share a tip or two with regards to taking Vitamin E and avoiding an upset stomach. I have no stomach issues when ingesting 20g of ascorbic acid, 6g of lysine, and 2g of proline per day....but no matter when I take vitamin E (with other supplements, by itself, on an empty stomach, with food, etc.), I get very nauseated. From what I've read on this site and the Pauling Therapy site, vitamin E is a very important addition to the therapy and has great cardiovascular benefits. I have a high quality product that is a 400 mg mix of alpha, gamma, and beta/delta tocopherols (and also contains 160 mg of flaxseed oil, yielding 112 mg of alpha-linolenic acid [Omega-3])....but one liquid capsule makes me sick enough that I actually need to lie down. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions? I know that it's not the flaxseed oil/alpha-linolenic acid....as my Omega-3 supplement also contains this (in addition to DHA and EPA). Thank you in advance (and sorry if I posted this in the wrong place).

Seymore Spectacles

Re: Vitamin E woes

Post Number:#2  Post by Seymore Spectacles » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:53 pm

Sanderson,

There are two options that come to mind. The first is the better option, in my opinion.

1. Have you ever tried a product called, "Unique E". If not, see if that is gentler on your system. It's supposed to be the purest vitamin E on the market and is highly recommended by many experts, including Owen, I believe.

There is a small, 30 softgel size bottle, that you can try. If it doesn't work out, you'll only be out about $10 or less (if you order it online).

This is where I buy mine from:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.asp ... 54208&at=0

2. There are also "dry" vitamin E products. Supposedly, the softgels offer greater benefits.

http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Advanced-E-Complex

Maybe some of the other members can offer you additional suggestions.

PS - I think, in general, it would be a good idea to take any vitamin E with food.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:13 pm

Take a bite out of one of the vitamin E tablets that makes you naseous. The way the CEO of A. C. Grace explained it to me, their process prevents Unique-E from going rancid inside the capsules. Other products are not as well protected, so let us know how the "bite" test goes. I infer that if the vitamin E you are using has gone rancid, you will know it.

And yes, I would recommend getting Unique-E (and trying the same test.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sanderson

Post Number:#4  Post by sanderson » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:51 pm

Thanks for both of the responses (Seymore and Owen). I have never tried Unique E....but for that price, it's definitely worth checking out. I really want to incorporate vitamin E into my daily regimen and am willing to try a different product from what I currently have.

Owen, regarding the "bite test"....I actually took a pin and poked a hole in my E capsule (I was afraid to actually chomp down on it in case it WAS rancid-tasting). Anyway, I really have no base of reference as I've never tasted vitamin E before, but it didn't taste rancid or spoiled in any way. It also didn't have a distinctive or unpleasant odor.

I'm going to order a small bottle of Unique E and try it out (I'll actually do the "pinhole test" as well in order to compare).

Thank you both for the suggestions. I'll let everyone know how the Unique E works once I get it! :D

carlp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by carlp » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Wneh I took vitamin E supplements years ago, I started having nose bleeds. It wouldn't take much to set them off. Maybe I should try them again to see what happens.

Seymore Spectacles

Post Number:#6  Post by Seymore Spectacles » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:33 pm

carlp wrote:Wneh I took vitamin E supplements years ago, I started having nose bleeds. It wouldn't take much to set them off. Maybe I should try them again to see what happens.

Howdy, Carl.

You may find a different result this time. My reason for guessing this is that vitamin C combats capillary fragility.

Still, to be on the safe side, you may want to start off with low to moderate dosages, of vitamin E.

Adding some vitamin K2, if you're not already taking it, may also be advisable.

Good luck!

carlp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by carlp » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:10 am

Update. I've been taking vitamin E 400mg /day all this time and no nose bleeds! So as previously mentioned, taking E vitamins without nose bleeds is something I can do now.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”