Heart Disease in Cats

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

blue

Heart Disease in Cats

Post Number:#1  Post by blue » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:23 pm

I know the main focus of this forum is for humans, but do you think the Pauling therapy would work in a cat? I have a 16 year Persian that was just diagnosed with a chronic heart failure and a saddle thrombosis. I thought maybe it could at least help with the thrombosis?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Heart Disease in Cats

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:04 am

blue wrote:I know the main focus of this forum is for humans, but do you think the Pauling therapy would work in a cat? I have a 16 year Persian that was just diagnosed with a chronic heart failure and a saddle thrombosis. I thought maybe it could at least help with the thrombosis?

Heart failure is probably related to the lack of CoQ10 at that age, which can be exacerbated if she is taking several classes of drugs. She is probably making less vitamin C too, so I would say it couldn't hurt, and would probably make her feel better.

So I would recommend the Pauling therapy plus CoQ10 given the diagnosis, and if money is no object, then you might consider the Simplex-C liposomal formula from LetsTalkHealth.com. I posted the formula elsewhere, but not only does it contain 10,000 vitamin C, but 1200 glutathione and CoQ10 plus resveratrol. If anything can rectify your cat at that age, this is the formula (and liposomal delivery mechanism) to do it. Right now it is on sale for $140/bottle.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#3  Post by J.Lilinoe » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:08 pm

Heart failure in cats? The only time I have heard of that happening is when the cat gets heartworm (worm in the heart). Did you do the heartworm test yet? If it is heartworm, the best treatment would be Heartguard. I know they make it for dogs but not sure about cats. Or the vet would inject something to kill the worm but that is more complex and requires that the cat not exert itself for 6 weeks.

blue

Post Number:#4  Post by blue » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:45 am

Thank you -- I've put her on CoQ10, vit C, Lysine and am mixing it in with chia oil (safe for cats, I checked). I started doing that a few days ago and she seems to be improving a little. She's moving around and not having as many fainting spells. I'll look into the simplex-C.....it is expensive, although less expensive than the ultra sound. At the moment she's not on any drugs. I'm not sure about the drugs. Don't know if they'll have side effects that's worse than the disease? Unfortunately I tend to distrust most modern medical drug therapies...

Heartworm? probably not too likely. SHe's an indoor cat that doesn't live with any other animals and the area I live is a low heartworm area. Worth testing for, though. She has a heart murmur that she's had for years. We had it looked at when i first adopted her, but was told at that time it wouldn't be an issue for her. Now the vet (a different vet) is telling me that her CHF is due to the heart murmur getting worse and due to the valves not puming blood properly.

blue

Post Number:#5  Post by blue » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:47 am

Oh, how much Q10 should I be giving her???? I'm giving her about 50 mg divided into 4 does per day. Too much? Too little? She's tiny, only 6 pounds (she's always been about that weight).

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:05 am

Good question. Maybe some orthomolecular veterinarian has posted something somewhere. A first stab would be 600 to 1200 mg for a human of average body weight (to treat heart failure) so then scale that back to your Cat's weight. However, I don't think you can give too much, non toxic, but it would be wasted if not absorbed. In humans, it is not absorbed without bile present, so you should take your CoQ10 with fat.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Cis4me
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#7  Post by Cis4me » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:06 am

Taurine might also be useful for cats (they can't make it like we can so it must be in their diet).

It might also make sense to examine what the cat is being fed. Might want to look into some sort of raw diet.. you know what the cat would be eating naturally anyway.. I've never heard of a cats being corn farmers, but we tend to feed them crunchy corn balls anyway :(

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#8  Post by J.Lilinoe » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:21 pm

Heartworm? probably not too likely. SHe's an indoor cat that doesn't live with any other animals and the area I live is a low heartworm area. Worth testing for, though. She has a heart murmur that she's had for years. We had it looked at when i first adopted her, but was told at that time it wouldn't be an issue for her. Now the vet (a different vet) is telling me that her CHF is due to the heart murmur getting worse and due to the valves not puming blood properly.

Just today I took my oldest dog into the vets for an annual check up. The vet told me that my dog had a very pronounced heart murmur and that they had some kind if new drug that would relax the blood vessels, blah, blah, blah, and that the dog would have to take it for the rest of her remaining life. Well, now that Owen has introduced us to the LetsTalkHealth website, I think I will try a few of those lipisomal products for my dog and for my mom. Thanks Owen.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:32 am

Let me know the outcome.

We just reached a tentative agreement with LetsTalkHealth.com and the Vitamin C Foundation will soon offer two of their liposomal products - liposomal C and Simplex-C. We'll announce soon.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

blue

Post Number:#10  Post by blue » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:15 pm

Thanks for all of the help!!! My cat is doing much, much better. She's regained her strength and is pretty much back to her normal routine. I found some where on the web that 30 mg of CoQ10 is the recommended dose for a cat.

Cis4me, that's a great point about taurine and the cat food...I just assumed that (the higher end) cat food would be designed properly for cats best health, but that appears not to be true. Eh, guess maybe that shouldn't be too surprising since people food isn't always (or even usually) the best for human health. :?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by ofonorow » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:33 am

blue wrote:Thanks for all of the help!!! My cat is doing much, much better. She's regained her strength and is pretty much back to her normal routine. I found some where on the web that 30 mg of CoQ10 is the recommended dose for a cat.

Very interesting. It is nice to get such a positive anecdotal report about a living being other than a human! But your experience is generally the one alternative doctors have treating their patients. It is a wonderful feeling, isn't it?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”