The Virgin Subscriber

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

fergy999

The Virgin Subscriber

Post Number:#1  Post by fergy999 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:12 am

Hi Folks
Not only I am new to the forum but I'm also new to Vitamin C therapy, so I thought it might be useful to record my progress or otherwise over the next few months. Firstly a little background, 1st heart attack 13years ago at age 48, quite severe, docs recommended Bypass, decided to take my chances not knowing a lot about what I could do other than some info on the blood thinning qualities of Omega 3. Took between 2-4g daily of Omega 3 along with Multi vits and Carnosine for most of the 13 intervening years and lived well without any obvious side effects or limitations on my performance. The second attack was some 6 weeks ago, which I believe was due to stress (Lost business and House too). Not anywhere near as severe as the first one, but nevertheless the docs are insisting on an immediate bypass. According to the Angio I have one blocked artery and two fuzzing up. As ever, trying get some deep info out of these control freaks has been difficult (i.e Does blocked mean 100% blocked or is there still flow.. Couldn't get a sensible answer other than "look here do you want to live or what" type remarks). Anyway I have decided to give alternative therapy first go. Through Burton Goldberg (http://www.burtongoldberg.com) I have been introduced to Dr Garry Gordon and his Chelation Therapy (http://www.gordonresearch.com) and I am now into day 11, so its a bit soon to report any effects other than the loo is being a little more regularily than before. I have just read Owen's excellent book "Practicing Medicine without a licence" and as a result have just ordered Ascorsine 9 from Heartech. I had previously known the views of Dr Rath in Germany so the concept was not new to me.

my symptoms. Im not breathless, Im not blue at the edges, I havent got palputations. My only serious symptoms are tiredness and lethargy and a general feeling of not being well(which I guess is only to be expected)
Will keep you up-to-date on my progress. If anyone has any useful suggestions they would be much appreciated.

I have no affiliations to the web sites mentioned above

Cheers from Cheshire UK Fergy

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: The Virgin Subscriber

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:51 pm

Welcome and thanks for posting. We are sorry to hear about your apparent relapse.

You didn't mention vitamin C during those intervening years, can you share how much you supplemented?

The A-9 product is excellent, and my only suggestion is that if you can only afford 1 serving, or 3000 mg vitamin C, that you consider adding much more vitamin C to the drink and during the day.

Minimally, 500 mg every 4 hours in addition to the A-9 drink, at least until all your symptoms are gone.

Also, you are probably on several drugs, which may increase your requirement for CoQ10 supplementation.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

fergy999

Post Number:#3  Post by fergy999 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:01 pm

Hi Owen
In the intervening years other than a couple of glasses of OJ I really didnt take that much C, which is probably why I've had the recent attack. I did however take Omega 3 regularly as indicated and 1000 -1500mg of carnosine each day. Additionally I used a liquid Multi Vit called Source of Life from Natures Plus for a number of years.

With regard to drugs, I never been comfortable with the official line on drugs and in particular Statins.

This is an extract of an email sent to friend of mine not long after the attack which explains all:

“My consultant arrived at the bedside, enquiring about my general health habits, I mentioned the heart attack I suffered some thirteen years ago, to which the consultant asked as to what drugs I took as a result. My answer was (yes you’ve guessed it) –none. I just wish I could have videoed her response which went something like this. But, you take beta blockers surely? – Nope, Statins then? – Nope, Ace inhibitors? – Nope, aspirin? – Yep for a while until my stomach played up. In desperation she bawled, yes bawled at me… Well you must have taken something? To which I responded, yes about 4 grams of Omega 3 Fish Oil per day. Her response… verbatim…. Oh don’t be ridiculous!!!!!.” When I suggested she read the research, she left my bedside without further comment.

And there you have it in a nutshell; the dilemma we are all faced with…..

The Power of Big Pharma.

This consultant talked about the "Big Five" referring to the five drugs they prescribe to unfortunates like me in the UK. The Big Five were Ramipril, bisoprolol, simvastin, aspirin, clopidogrel. With a lot of pressure the my GP and my wife I sucumbed and agreed to take the recommendations. The Beta blockers lasted two days and rest about week. So no, not on any drugs other than the Omega 3 and the Chelation products including Boluoke which I understand is a natural blood thinning product. I can let you know the complete chelation protocol in detail if it is of interest

Regards

Fergy

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:26 pm

Great story. Altogether too typical. Okay, so you know the secret. Try to consume at least 10 g of vitamin C daily, more if you can tolerate it.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

fergy999

Post Number:#5  Post by fergy999 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:06 pm

Hi Owen

Just one quick question. Ive ordered the A9 from Tower, the problem is duty and dreadful exchange rate when it arrives. It is possible for me to formulate a similar solution from local Uk sources

Kind regards

dave

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:04 am

fergy999 wrote:Hi Owen

Just one quick question. Ive ordered the A9 from Tower, the problem is duty and dreadful exchange rate when it arrives. It is possible for me to formulate a similar solution from local Uk sources

Kind regards

dave

Yes and no. I've been working on an idea in this regard, but it is unlikely to take shape until 2010. If and when it happens, you'll be the first to know!

Opps I see I misread the question. My response was regarding a UK supplier for a Tower or Tower equivalent product. In general, it is always possible to put together your own cocktail of the same ingredients.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

fergy999

Re: The Virgin Subscriber - Update

Post Number:#7  Post by fergy999 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:50 pm

I have just run through the first course ordered from Dr Gordons site Longevity Plus. How do I Feel? The honest answer is no different and perhaps a little worse,and what's more I've run out of product. I re-ordered by email in good time and have just received a response suggesting I should have received it on the 11th, which was pretty amazing as I re-ordered on the 19th!!!! . Stupid woman has referred to the original order not my repeat. So I've decided to source the EDTA in Europe through Cardiorenew Europe which is based in Spain. They promise a 2-4 day delivery, so here's hoping. In any event the "Heart protocol" pack from Gordon contained a total of five items covering the whole spectrum of vitamin and mineral supplements including (Wait for it) Evening Primrose Oil, Omega 3 fish Oil, Niacin B6, Garlic powder, MSM, Malic Acid, Red Algae, Red Yeast Rice, Papin, Horsetail Extract, bete Sitosterol, hawthorn leaf,Vits,A,C,D3,E,K2,B1,B2,B3,B6,folic acid,B12, Calcium,Iodine,Magnesium,zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, chromium, molybdenum, pottasium, choline,vanandium,boron,PABA,inositol,Citrus bioflavonoids,grapesees extract,ala,beta glucan....and thats just the Chelation Product, in addition I received a Fibre Mix, Maca powder and an interesting product called Boluoke. On the basis that the EDTA is the important bit Ive decied to try the CardioRenew instead. I understand the logic behind this massive dose of supplements i.e the chelation is removing the minerals from the body. therefore they need to be replaced, but talk about an impact on one's system!!!. Tommorow Im off to Poole in Dorset to undergo Electro Magnetic therapy at the AESCULUS clinic, a recommendation from Burton Goldberg. I will report back next week.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by ofonorow » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:05 pm

????????????

One question, how much manganese? (More than 2 mg daily will lead to an irregular heart beat.)

Another thought, you might benefit greatly by reading Thomas Levy's book STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER livonbooks.com (it's okay, it kills Brits too). He lists almost as many nutrients, but it is based on a very clear theory - resolving problems ultimately caused by a lack of vitamin C. In many ways, a "Chelation" approach is counter to the Levy approach, although many of the nutrients are similar.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

fergy999

Post Number:#9  Post by fergy999 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:03 am

It says 5mg of Manganese on the label. Its sounds as if you think this is too much.
Thanks for the book tip, I will look it up.
Ive just returned from my appointment with Tony-Scott Morley and his Russian Bioresonance system, absolutely amazing experience, every Doctor should have one. I will detail the whole thing over the next few days, it terms of the concept, future potential and immediate effect.
Regards
Fergy

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by ofonorow » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:16 am

It says 5mg of Manganese on the label. Its sounds as if you think this is too much.

Probably - that is only one supplement. The advice from the USDA researcher that is included in my book, which is publicly available as a sample chapter excerpt http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/protocol/ is to make sure that all your Manganese in all the supplements that you take not exceed 2 mg. 20 mg will definitely cause the irregular heartbeat, and remember you get some in your food too.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”