58 year old female with diabetes and 30 year history of CVD

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

58 year old female with diabetes and 30 year history of CVD

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:55 am

i am 58 yers old, have been diabetic n hyper tention patient for 30 years. I had six heart attacks, five stents and on 29jan09 triple bypass operation. pse adv how you can help me

With this reported history, the complicating factor is your diabetes. if the Pauling theories are correct, your primary problem is not enough vitamin C getting into your cells.

A diabetic condition compounds the problem because extra sugar in the blood crowds out vitamin C, and if Type II, your cell membranes are not healthy, making it hard to absorb glucose (and vitamin C) from the blood through the membrane.

Any recommendation I might make would be designed to push more vitamin C into your cells. So the first thing to try is taking more vitamin C, say 500 mg every 4 hours.

Basically, as an overview, I would recommend that you:

1. Take vitamin C plus other nutrients in the Pauling therapy.

2. Reverse the diabetes if Type II (Is it type I or type II?)

3. Reconsider whatever drugs they have you on.

If Type I, or until you resolve the Type II, you should probably take Alpha Lipoic Acid (600 mg - split into 3 smaller dosages daily) until your diabetes is reversed. Alpha-lipoic-acid should help to increase the uptake of vitamin C (and glucose) by your cells. This is a common recommendation by knowledgeable alternative doctors.

It is important in your case, (either Type I or Type II) not to eat anything with artificial (trans) fats.
By following the protocol at healingmatters.com (which is basically to eliminate these poisons from the diet) the cell membranes will slowly return to better health. This has been largely successful in people who try it and report back to me. It is apparently possible for this protocol to reverse Type II diabetes with diet. This site also explains what Type II really is - a cellular membrane disturbance.

As the health of your cellular membranes improves, cells will be able to obtain the short-lived vitamin C (and glucose) easier, making the Pauling therapy more effective.

You may wish to look at the protocol posted at http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutali ... /protocol/ for ideas on what nutrients you should be taking, but vitamin C is the key.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”