Lipoprotein (a) measurment

Answers to questions about vitamin C and its relation to all forms of cardiovascular disease

Moderator: ofonorow

Frank
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Lipoprotein (a) measurment

Post Number:#1  Post by Frank » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Hello
I just had the result of my blood test. I asked the doctor to include a test for Lipoprotein (a). The result I received was Apolipoprotein A of 1.7 g/L.

I don't know if Apolipoprotein is the same as Lipoplrotein and I am not familiar with the term g/L.
Could someone please let me know what is Apolipoproteing and help me to convert the term g/L to mmol/l?
Thank you

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Lipoprotein (a) measurment

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:08 am

Frank wrote:Hello
I just had the result of my blood test. I asked the doctor to include a test for Lipoprotein (a). The result I received was Apolipoprotein A of 1.7 g/L.

I don't know if Apolipoprotein is the same as Lipoplrotein and I am not familiar with the term g/L.
Could someone please let me know what is Apolipoproteing and help me to convert the term g/L to mmol/l?
Thank you

Lipoprotein(A) is not the same as Lipoprotein(a) - so that result was probably not what you wanted. I believe you can order a Lp(a) test through Life Extension lef.org and I may have another option, but I don't know how they handle overseas customers.
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath

Frank
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Lipoprotein (a) measurment

Post Number:#3  Post by Frank » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:22 am

Thank you Owen.
I didn't know about the capital A difference. I was concerned about the Apo prefix. Is that something different also?
Life Extension might be an option. I checked the website and they do have international order facilities. I just don't know if our post office (in Australia) will allow sending blood out of the country.
Thanks

Return to “Heart Disease and Stroke”