Does dosage depend on weight, height or age?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Does dosage depend on weight, height or age?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:18 am

Please answer the following question for me. Is there a different dose for each person based on weight and height and age.? I am currently taking Zetia and lotrel....would love to get away from the high cost of prescriptions...Sandra

Good questions. There are ways to determine the "right" amount, but in the case of the Pauling therapy - there is no toxicity, so it is best to start with a high dosage, and back off until to the right amount. (gas/diahrrea subsides) (This is different advice than doctors give w/r prescriptions, which are generally toxic and you start with a small dosage, and work up.)

By the way, there was recently a scandal regarding zetia - its failure in a major trial was covered up (drug companies didn't release the bad results for years.) I am surprised that you are still on this drug, you should ask your doctor.

My advice is to start taking some amount of vitamin C immediately, e.g. 500 mg every 4 hours.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”