Nice Letter to Hugh Downs

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Nice Letter to Hugh Downs

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:11 am

It does occur that now is as good a time as any to start pushing the Pauling therapy - again - to the media. One of the problems has always been what will happen to our economy if 300+ billion in spending for heart medications and procedures "dries up" almost overnight? Well, maybe now is the time given that we are going through a major economic readjustment anyway...

This is a nice letter from a long-time supporter.

Dear Hugh Downs,

Thank you for your tip on helping to clear arteries.

It is also noteworthy that Dr. Linus Pauling has laid down a formula, the "Pauling Protocol." For Dr. Pauling's work, he received a Nobel Prize in medicine and no less than 48 doctorates from various universities. Dr Albert Einstein acclaimed Pauling as the greatest scientist who ever lived. Linus Pauing has given us and exact recipe for his "Pauling Protocol," and many people have acclaimed him for this recipe and the genius of the biochemical reactions that occur from the natural "orthomolecular" substances in the recipe. Many others have carried on the success of Pauling's great work and Pauling and many other authors have some of their writings on line at http://www.vitamincfoundation.org .

Caution: Dot org is very important.

Dr. Owen Fonorow, founder and curator of the Vtamin C Foundation, has the clearest, easiest to understand writings about the usefulness of the Pauling Protocol.

Owen Fonorow wants very much to see the value of the Pauling Protocol understood and appreciated more widely. But the recipe is so cheap that no "medical" manufacturer takes any interest. Dr Owen Fonorow knows of several slight variations of the Pauling Protocol that are helpful to people with heart disease and, for example, diabetes at the same time.

I have talked to Owen Fonorow on the phone, and he has been very friendly, and I found his book, Practicing Medicine without a License? both helpful and easy to understand, more easy to understand than writings of some of the other followers of Dr. Linus Pauling.

Dr. Fonorow has seen a man who had had three consecutive heart by-passes plus a stent; and after this man's cardiologist told this man, still suffering from painful angina, to go home and settle his affairs. Instead, the man who called up Fonorow and learned about Pauling's Protocol, took it, got better, went back to work and got an X-ray of his coronary arteries at the end of three months; and the cardiologist pronounced the man's coronary arteries almost completely clear.

Sincerely, Robert Hansell, t
echnical writer,
Pennsburg, Pennsylvania

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

godsilove

Re: Nice Letter to Hugh Downs

Post Number:#2  Post by godsilove » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:23 pm

ofonorow wrote:[color=#0000FF]It does occur that now is as good a time as any to start pushing the Pauling therapy - again - to the media. One of the problems has always been what will happen to our economy if 300+ billion in spending for heart medications and procedures "dries up" almost overnight? Well, maybe now is the time given that we are going through a major economic readjustment anyway...

With a substantial portion of the stimulus package dedicated to the NIH, perhaps this would be a good opportunity to evaluate Pauling Therapy in a pilot study. I know you've tried before, but if you had to try again, now is probably as good a time as any. You seem skeptical of the value of clinical trials, but I think a positive result would be crucial in disseminating information about the therapy. I'd even help out!

Cis4me
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#3  Post by Cis4me » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:31 am

The hardest part would probably be in getting them to use an appropriate dosage and frequency of administration. Most of the medical community is convinced that over a gram or 2 of ascorbic acid causes kidney stones, kills puppies, causes cancer etc, despite being disproven countless times in the past 60 years.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:35 am

I appreciate the idea, and one would think that with their budget doubling (NIH) it would be easier to get them to consider this. However, as with the FDA - the fox is in charge of the hen house. Even if I had the time, there is no reason to expect a different outcome. (If you want to help, see whether er you can find a PI (a scientist willing to be named the Principal Investigator. That is always the first step and the hardest.)

By the way, I am not against a clinical study, although I believe the ones generally run by medicine to promote pharmaceuticals are far from the ideals of science. It is hard to find objective scientists in medicine for reasons we constantly discuss. All I can say is that I am involved in a project that will make studying the Pauling therapy so inexpensive that we'll be able to fund the work ourselves. A new measurement technique, which I cannot divulge at this time. Hopefully within 12 months, and we may ask the NIH for approval of this technique.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

godsilove

Post Number:#5  Post by godsilove » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:48 pm

ofonorow wrote:I appreciate the idea, and one would think that with their budget doubling (NIH) it would be easier to get them to consider this. However, as with the FDA - the fox is in charge of the hen house. Even if I had the time, there is no reason to expect a different outcome. (If you want to help, see whether er you can find a PI (a scientist willing to be named the Principal Investigator. That is always the first step and the hardest.)

Finding a PI will probably be difficult, since organizing a clinical trial does require a lot of work, and if they have other ongoing projects then they might not have the time. The best bet would be to find someone who already has an interest in ascorbate or has been conducting trials on heart patients using dietary supplements.

If you're interested, I can compile a list of potential PIs based on those who have done prior research on ascorbate and/or other supplements.

By the way, I am not against a clinical study, although I believe the ones generally run by medicine to promote pharmaceuticals are far from the ideals of science. It is hard to find objective scientists in medicine for reasons we constantly discuss. All I can say is that I am involved in a project that will make studying the Pauling therapy so inexpensive that we'll be able to fund the work ourselves. A new measurement technique, which I cannot divulge at this time. Hopefully within 12 months, and we may ask the NIH for approval of this technique.

What will you be measuring? :)

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”