my fathers heart

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

cynthia386
Contributor
Contributor

Re: my fathers heart

Post Number:#16  Post by cynthia386 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:50 am

For angina, you need to improve the heart-brain signalling. Only the oxidised version of vitamin c can cross the blood-brain barrier. Grapeseed extract contains antioxidants that do cross the blood-brain barrier, and grapeseed can recharge the oxidised vitamin c once it gets into the brain.

Also, the brain is composed mostly of lipids. Which means cholesterol and fish oil are the best thing for the brain. The proper dose of fish oil for angina is between 3 and 6 capsules a day.

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#17  Post by sweetjames » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:09 pm

My father has been doing good, occasional angina once in a while. He has an irregular heart beat now once in a while but im not sure vitamins can help with this? He has been taking vitamin c lysine, and proline regularly, any feed back is appreciated

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#18  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:11 am

I would consider magnesium for the irregular heart beat, perhaps increase the dosage (and make sure he is not getting more than 2 mg manganese total in all his supplements.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#19  Post by sweetjames » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:58 pm

My father has been doing good, he hasent had any rapid heart beat episode,s for a couple of weeks. He is taking 750 mg magnesium along with all his supplements, we are very thankful for the great advice

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#20  Post by J.Lilinoe » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:47 am

Irregular heart beats could also be lessened from taking fish oil. Try 2 tablespoons per day.

As for those kidneys. What does your father's blood test show for his kidney values? I know that my 88 yo mother's BUN was high and her GFR was low and the doctor said that she had kidney disease. After giving her an additional amount of Vitamin B-1 for two months, her BUN was still high but about 4 points lower and her GFR was still low but about 4 points higher.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#21  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:42 am

sweetjames wrote:My father has been doing good, he hasent had any rapid heart beat episode,s for a couple of weeks. He is taking 750 mg magnesium along with all his supplements, we are very thankful for the great advice

We are pleased by your report and glad your father is doing better. More anecdotal evidence of the importance of magnesium for keeping the heart beat regular. Thank you for keeping us informed.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#22  Post by sweetjames » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:35 pm

An update on my father, he is now not wearing his nitro patch he hasn't had any Angina in a couple of months, since taking the Magnesium he hasn't had and irregular heart beat either, also he has been taking blood pressure meds for a while now, but his blood pressure is now normal and he is gonna ask the doctor if he can stop taking the meds, its been low at times. He has joined a gym and works out twice a week, Thank God! This site has really been a God sent, thanks so much!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#23  Post by ofonorow » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:43 am

Now we are very pleased!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#24  Post by sweetjames » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:15 pm

Im wondering how big of a problem low blood pressure is, (90 over 40) at times, my father talked to the doctor over the phone and he said not to stop taking his high blood pressure meds, im thinking he dosent get it or something, is that number on low blood pressure (90 over 40 ) a reason to be concerned? I feel the doctor should have took my dad of the meds, thanks for all the great feed back

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#25  Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:12 am

sweetjames wrote:Im wondering how big of a problem low blood pressure is, (90 over 40) at times, my father talked to the doctor over the phone and he said not to stop taking his high blood pressure meds, im thinking he dosent get it or something, is that number on low blood pressure (90 over 40 ) a reason to be concerned? I feel the doctor should have took my dad of the meds, thanks for all the great feed back

Not something many people know much about, and doctors are generally not familiar with reversals. If his blood pressure is no longer high, why should he continue to take BP meds? He may have to cut back on his own. Do things gradually. Cut the pills in half, then skip a day, and if he feels better - continue, if worse, let us know.

It is a delima. A Cardio-C customer in Canada told his doctors what he was doing, after he became well, and they revoked his driver's license (trying to force him to undergo a procedure, a pacemaker I believe.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#26  Post by Ralph Lotz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:40 am

Blood pressure drugs work by inducing heart failure. Amongst other things they cause thiamine (B1) deficiency.
They should not be taken with low blood pressure ( if ever.)
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#27  Post by J.Lilinoe » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:48 pm

Blood pressure drugs work by inducing heart failure. Amongst other things they cause thiamine (B1) deficiency.
They should not be taken with low blood pressure ( if ever.)

Thanks Ralph for this very enlightening information. Now it makes sense. When my mom was in the hospital 1 1/2 months ago, they gave her a beta blocker because her blood pressure was high and she had an irregular heart beat. As soon as the drug got her into the normal range, they released her from the hospital. She was wearing socks in the hospital and all they way until she got home. When we took the socks off at home we noticed that her left foot was swollen. I immediately told my sister that a swollen foot is a sign of congestive heart failure and with what you have said, was likely caused from the HBP pills. We couldn't get in to see a regular GP until 2 weeks later and when he took her BP, it was low so he told us to cut the dose in half and the swelling immediately stopped. 2 weeks later when he took her BP again, it was still low so he told us that since her dose was already low, we could stop the drug which we did. Since then her BP has been around 128/73 and she has been taking Ascorsine 9 daily along with Ubiquinol and fish oil.
What people should remember is that when you are on HBP pills, you have to wean yourself off of them. You can't immediately stop them or you can get a heart attack.

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#28  Post by sweetjames » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:57 pm

My father is doing pretty good, he has been taking vitamin c to BT, along with lysine,proline coQ10, mag. and multi. he did real good for a while now, but now the chest pain is returning, the doctors cant seem to do much for him, he takes nitro for the pain, and it seems to be getting more often. I would appreciate any help i could get to help him. I read that Taurine can be good for the heart, any feed back on this, thanks so much

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#29  Post by Johnwen » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:27 pm

but now the chest pain is returning, the doctors cant seem to do much for him

A simple Ekg can tell a lot of whats going on especially if their reading it when he has an attack I would be on that doctor like a Fly on......!! My suggestion is if one doc don't want to do nothing find one that will. You didn't say if he got off the BP meds all together. Some calcium channel blockers affect the hearts rythmn and reduce angina. Tell him not to stop or skip his Vc routine you can try taurine but I would up his L-lysine a gram or two. Get them docs off their Dead A.. and do something. :!:
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#30  Post by sweetjames » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:18 pm

He has had a couple EKG,s and has an app. for next week to have another. He is still taking BP meds, his cardiologist is pretty good, he has ran several tests and is doing more, he acknowledges vitamin c helps, i am hopeing there may be a suppliment that can help, the magnesium sure helped last time. Thanks

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”