my fathers heart

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

J.Lilinoe

Re: my fathers heart

Post by J.Lilinoe » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:07 pm

He is still taking blood pressure meds? Why?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:21 am

I didn't see vitamin E in your list of supplements. Lef.org now carries Unique-E from A.C. Grace. At this point, I'd go to the suggested therapeutic dosage of 5 unique-E capsules in the a.m. (I also agree that the heart medications are probably complicating matters, but I wonder about his blood sugar, high?)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by sweetjames » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:56 am

I suggested stoping the BP meds, but he hasent done that, he thinks is blood pressure will go up, how important could this be with the angina? He says his blood sugar has always been good, but hasent actually checked it lately. He takes a multi twice a day that has 100 iu, so 200 iu a day, is this enough?I will get him some unique E, 5 am, is there any pm along with this? thanks for the feed back

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by sweetjames » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:57 am

100 iu and 200 iu in prior statement is vitamin E

VanCanada

Post by VanCanada » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:20 pm

sweetjames wrote:I will get him some unique E, 5 am, is there any pm along with this?

There need only be one dose daily for the oil-soluble vitamins - vitamin A, vitamin D and vitamin E.

It's the water-soluble vitamins that should be taken many times daily.

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by sweetjames » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:27 pm

I have again suggested winging off of the blood pressure meds to my father, he is thinking about it, his blood pressure hasent been high for a good while, how do we go about this? Owen has suggested doing it slowly, but im just being careful and asking again, thanks owen

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:18 am

As a general rule, gradual is better than cold turkey, but it would be best to try to do it under the guidance of a doctor. These drugs create dependencies. I am confident that the more C/lysine he is taking, as well as the other nutrients, the less risk there should be.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by sweetjames » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:13 pm

What other nutrients will be helpful in treating angina,

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:33 am

sweetjames wrote:What other nutrients will be helpful in treating angina,

My standard answer:http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/protocol/
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by sweetjames » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:28 pm

Found it, the vitamins my father takes every day are-vit c 7-8 grams a day caps, 2000 mg powder pure vit c with rose hips(the vit c rose hips is new i just started him on it a couple weeks ago). - calcium with magnesium, and zinc 3 times a day (4500 calcium 2250mg magnesium 135 mg zinc.)- vit D3 one time a day 1000mg, (he takes a multi that has another 1000 D3 vit D3 total 2000 mg) Multi vit one time a day.- proline 2 grams a day.-Lysine 3 or 4 grams a day.-fish oil 1200 mg a day iron 130 mg.........-Meds my father takes every day are- Asprin 81 mg.-tracer 25mg.-.- gmeprazole(protonix) 20mg.- forosemide 20mg.-simvastatin(lipitor) 40mg.-nytroglycerin 4mg as needed.-amlodipine 10mg.-atenolol 50mg. Thanks for your help Owen

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by sweetjames » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:34 pm

Also coQ10 300mg a day

bbtri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by bbtri » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:47 am

That's quite a bit of zinc and magnesium. Excessive magnesium usually won't cause problems, but excessive zinc can interfere with iron, copper and magnesium levels, and cause neurological problems. Maybe there's a good reason for that much, but it might be worth looking into.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:10 am

sweetjames wrote:Found it, the vitamins my father takes every day are-vit c 7-8 grams a day caps, 2000 mg powder pure vit c with rose hips(the vit c rose hips is new i just started him on it a couple weeks ago). - calcium with magnesium, and zinc 3 times a day (4500 calcium 2250mg magnesium 135 mg zinc.)- vit D3 one time a day 1000mg, (he takes a multi that has another 1000 D3 vit D3 total 2000 mg) Multi vit one time a day.- proline 2 grams a day.-Lysine 3 or 4 grams a day.-fish oil 1200 mg a day iron 130 mg.........-Meds my father takes every day are- Asprin 81 mg.-tracer 25mg.-.- gmeprazole(protonix) 20mg.- forosemide 20mg.-simvastatin(lipitor) 40mg.-nytroglycerin 4mg as needed.-amlodipine 10mg.-atenolol 50mg. Thanks for your help Owen

Are these numbers correct? 4500 calcium ??? That could be the problem right there. (Levy/Sardi and others would argue you get all the calcium you need from foods. High magnesium is good though for Angina. I agree though that the zinc seems high - remember that you can overdose on minerals, unlike the vitamins.) And as far as the vitamin C with "rose hips" - do you have the brand/link?. And Protonix??? (Artificially low stomach acid will really cut down on vitamin C absorption - I'm thinking Lypo-C if he really feels he needs an acid blocker - sigh. Remember WHY STOMACH ACID IS GOOD FOR YOU by Jonathon Wright, as many other things will start to go wrong on long-term protonix. Is he prone to infections??) Lipitor??? (OMG :?: ) Aspirin ??

Do you or he know his bowel tolerance for vitamin C? With all the crap, er, medications he is taking, he might require more vitamin C for its role the P450 enzyme system (detoxes and rids the body of drugs)

He should definitely stay away from grapefruit!

I would cut back on the calcium/zinc, slowly, recognizing that if his body is used to that much calcium, he might experience cramps after he discontinues.

This is not medical advice. If it were me,

1. I would add 2 or 3 Lypo-C daily.
2. I would slowly reduce to perhaps 1000 or less calcium (and lower zinc too)
3. I would investigate stopping protonix (see LetsTalkHealh NOGERD)
4. I would at least cut Lipitor in half (actually, I would stop it)
5. I would wean off the aspirin - fish oil and magnesium provide the same benefits.

ps I would also add LEF.ORG superK (vitamin K) 1 tablet daily just in case all the calcium has been deposited in his soft tissues.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by sweetjames » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:49 am

Thanks Owen for your input, i consider it an educated oppinion, not med advice. I made a mistake on the calcium intake, its says 1500 per serving and he is taking three tabs a day, one serving is three tabs, so he is only getting 1500 calcium per day. I will cut him back on the zinc, and i will start him on the Lypo c. He started his EECP treatment today, i couldnt beleive he already got it going, he seems to be fine and id say he enjoyed it and has his hopes up. Ill keep you posted, and thanks again

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by sweetjames » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:51 am

Also im looking into all his meds and why he is taking so many

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”