Which product helps angina, racing heart, and HBP?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

gshep

Which product helps angina, racing heart, and HBP?

Post Number:#1  Post by gshep » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:57 pm

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question. I was searching the web for my friend today, who suffers from angina, racing heart, and high blood pressure. He was in the hospital a few months ago for the racing heart, etc., and was told that he had no blockages. Totally clear. They put him on 2 different medicines. (not sure of the names). And since taking these meds he is much worse. Increase in symptoms, and now breathlessness and very tired besides the pains in his chest. Which of these products would you recommend. He has never had any operations, but wants to feel better again.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Which product helps angina, racing heart, and HBP?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:13 am

From what you describe, I am not sure there is a product. While I can understand wanting a all-in-one product that will help your friend, and starting on Pauling's recommended vitamin C and lysine will probably help in many ways, if he has a racing heart and no blockage, I immediately think of dental work, or perhaps abscesses in the facial bone called cavitations, See: http://www.tuberose.com/Cavitations.html

The heart is getting a signal that it needs to beat harder/faster, and sometimes the Autonomic /sympathic nervous system is compromised by these cavitations or other dental toxicity. I know a little about this because my brother had a racing heart, and some doctors specialize in the treatment of these cavitations. The advantage of a diagnosis would be to get him off the drugs, which as you say, are making him feel worse.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Ralph Lotz » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:43 am

The supplements most likely to help:
6 grams vitamin C, (2 grams 30 minutes before meals)
6 grams L-Lysine, " " " "
200 mg of magnesium citrate 3 times daily with meals
1 tablespoon fish oil daily
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

gshep

Post Number:#4  Post by gshep » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:41 pm

thanks for your help. I will start him off with the Vitamin C and Lysine. He is already taking Magnesium, but a mix, and only 500 mg. Perhaps not enough. Also have him on Fish Oil Capsules, which perhaps are not giving him enough either. I know it is strange for them to say no blockage. Arteries were clear, but they said he would have to have a pace maker. Just doesn't make sense. But before he went to the hospital I had him on L-Carnitine for the angina, gum gugguel extract to clear out cholesterol and arteries of plaque. Magnesium orate & fish oil. They said he was in perfect health, but could not do the stress test, his pressure was so high. It just doesn't make sense. Thanks for all your help. I will tell him about the dental stuff also. Ralph, thanks for letting me know how much C & Lysine, also about the magnesium. What do you think about Magnesium orate?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:25 am

But before he went to the hospital I had him on L-Carnitine for the angina, gum gugguel extract to clear out cholesterol and arteries of plaque.

?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

DonHarry

Post Number:#6  Post by DonHarry » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:37 am

From Wikipedia:

Commiphora wightii (Guggal, Guggul or Mukul myrrh tree) is a flowering plant in the family Burseraceae. The guggul plant may be found from northern Africa to central Asia, but is most common in northern India. It prefers arid and semi-arid climates and is tolerant of poor soil.

It is a shrub or small tree, reaching a maximum height of 4 m, with thin papery bark. The branches are thorny. The leaves are simple or trifoliate, the leaflets ovate, 1–5 cm long, 0.5–2.5 cm broad, irregularly toothed. It is gynodioecious, with some plants bearing bisexual and male flowers, and others with female flowers. The individual flowers are red to pink, with four small petals.

Guggal has been a key component in ancient Indian Ayurvedic system of medicine, and now is widely used in modern medicine for treatment of heart ailments.

Guggulipid
Guggulipid, gugulipid or guglipid is the extract extracted from the sap or resin of Guggal tree also known as mukul myrrh tree (Commiphora mukul) it secretes a resinous material called gum guggul.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:40 am

That is a nice description of the plant, but tells one nothing of its medicinal properties - or possible side effects. Most prescription drugs are derived from plants.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

DonHarry

Post Number:#8  Post by DonHarry » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:59 am

This is the best i could find...

Guggal both slows the biosynthesis of cholesterol (your primary source) and facilitates excretion of excess cholesterol from the body. Other components in Guggal inhibit platelet aggregation (synergistic to Lecithin, Garlic and Ginkgo...) resulting in improved efficiency of blood. This means you get better cellular oxygenation, better nutrient delivery, and better toxin removal. With better protecting against the hazards of aggregation there is less risk of stroke.

It's also regarded as an anti-inflamatory. I can't find anything on it's mechanism though.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:49 am

Guggal both slows the biosynthesis of cholesterol (your primary source) and facilitates excretion of excess cholesterol from the body.

It is highly probable then that this herb also has the property of slowing your own production of CoQ10. Like Red Rice Yeast, and other plant producers of statins. The theory of orthomolecular medicine is to use only, or at least first introduce molecules that your body completely understands, so to speak, such as vitamin C and lysine - substances you require to live. The use of herbs and medicines would introduce different molecules than your body is used to, and thus would be a more risky approach. It makes sense to try nonorthomolecular substances later, if a purely orthomolecular approach was unsatisfactory.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”