need advice on LAD blockage

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

sharonstar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

need advice on LAD blockage

Post Number:#1  Post by sharonstar » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:40 am

Because of the uncontrolled blood pressure my family doctor referred me to a cardiologist who ordered a CTA. A 70% blockage of the LAD was highly calcified. I understand this is very high for a woman. I am 62 years of age and have been taking the vitamin c 20 grams and lysine 6 grams for probably close to 3 years. However I am ashamed to admit that I did not follow the Pauling Therapy as related to diet and as a general rule most of the time my diet has been pretty bad. Now, of course, the cardiologist recommends cardiac cath and possible stenting. I know that no one can tell me what course to take but I would like opinions. Beleive me I have seen the hand writing on the wall and all bad eating habits are over and I have lost 15 lbs this past month. My blood sugars are abnormal and generally run 105-116. One in a great while they may be slightly higher. I don't have chest pain. Once in a while I have a slight discomfort in the jaw area just for a second or two. I have lost 3 brothers and one sister to heart attacks and have a 76 year old sister who had a stent put in last year. I don't want to rush into this because I know if I agree to the cath more than likely I will come out with a stent. The other concern is that I have a 50-60% carotid blockage and if they do stenting or bypass I fear having a stroke. One of my brothers had a stent put in and it re stenosed after a year if not sooner.

I would like to know if I put this on hold, along with lifestyle changes, is it possible to keep the blockages from progressing. I take a good variety of supplements which include alpha lipoic acid, vitamin K2, unique E, magnesium, COQ10 400 mg.

The blood pressure is finally controlled after several medication trials. I think it is greatly helped by not eating any wheat or sugar products.

I appreciate any ideas or opinions.
Sharon

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: need advice on LAD blockage

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:25 am

How long have you been taking vitamin K2?

Sounds like you are on the right track reducing sugar. For insurance, if I were in your shoes, I would probably add 1 or 2 packets of livonlabs.com Lypo-C daily, just in case there are any vitamin C absorption issues in your case.

The other question, maybe you have answered before, is the nature of your dental work, any root canals?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sharonstar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by sharonstar » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:52 am

Owen,
I think I have been taking K2 at least a year. I am currently taking Life Extension Super K with advanced K2 complex which includes K2(as MK7)100mcg, K2(as MK4)1000 mcg and K1 1000 mcg. I have been taking that brand for 3 months and just started another bottle. Before that I think I took the Vitacost brand.

I don't have any root canals but do have several mercury fillings from earlier years.

I will check into the Lypo-C.

I am also wondering if I should be eating low carb. My diet most every day consists of fresh veggies, a couple fruits, nuts, salad with flax oil dressing and a serving of beans. Also a boiled egg. I tried low carb only when the blood pressure started getting out of control but the modified vegetarian diet seems to help the blood pressure more.

Thanks for your help. I need to go back and read Carol Smith's story and updates.

Sharon

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:48 am

Well - your carb diet sounds wonderful (low glycemic index, high nutrient content) but if your blood sugar is high, maybe you might experiment with an Atkins approach? Too bad about the fillings - that may have something to do with draining vitamin C stores.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”