Products for Leg Bypass

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Products for Leg Bypass

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:05 am

My friend just had leg bypass surgery for blocked arteries. To prevent further blockages, what product would you recommend he take?
Please advise

CY

Do you mean they used leg veins for a coronary bypass operation?

The number one recommendation is sufficient vitamin C to strengthen blood vessels, this is usually more than 10,000 mg daily.

The Pauling/Rath invention is to add lysine - which works to clear the arteries, usually 5000 to 6000 mg daily.

There are various other factors, and I have put my specific recommendations here:

http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutali ... /protocol/

I would not recommend proline right after a standard coronary bypass operation. (If they used veins). I believe that the Tower CardioAde product is a low-cost vitamin C/lysine product. See hearttechnology.com and is probably the safest product to use right after a bypass.

You should also be aware that your friends doctor is not likely to approve any treatment other than what he/she is trained to provide.

If your friend is interested, there are several books, a DVD lecture of the late Nobel prize winner Linus Pauling, and if he/she decides to pursue the Pauling-therapy, I would start by going to a drug store and purchasing vitamin C as ascorbic acid and lysine in 500 mg tablets. Gradually increase to at least 5000 mg (10 tablets each) daily. Four hours is the optimal interval.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Products for Leg Bypass

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:13 am

Dear Owen: Thank you for the information. I will purchase Vitamin C as ascorbic acid, and work up to 5000 mg. lysine daily with my friend's consent. He is 63, had good vein taken from his left leg to try to get more circulation to his left foot. He needs diabetic dry gangrene foot ulcers on toes healed.

He needs to keep arteries strong and open and will encourage him to try Pauling/Rath invention.

Thanks

I misunderstood. If he is a diabetic with peripheral arterial disease that would be a different matter, not the more common coronary disease.

Is he a Type I or II diabetic? If type II, should read healingmatters.com - TYpe II can be reversed by avoiding trans fats completely, only eating unprocessed natural fats. Lowering blood sugar is first priority because high blood sugar BLOCKS vitamin C/Pauling's therapy.

I happen to believe that one reason diabetics suffer such serious consequences is because of the trouble nutrients have entering the cells of diabetics, either Type I or Type II. There is good evidence that taking extra vitamin C helps diabetics, perhaps by increasing the chance that it will enter a given cell. Experienced alt. doctors give diabetic patients 600 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid daily, perhaps split into 2 or 3 doses. This substance apparently improves the permeability of the cell membrane to accept vitamin C (and perhaps glucose and other nutrients.) So I would suggest that your friend add Alpha Lipoic Acid to his supplements.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:20 am

Another question, I have high blood pressure. What product would you recommend I need to keep it normal?
CY

Hello Again,

The answer re: hypertension depends on the reasons for the high blood pressure. Many people who have adopted Pauling's vitamin C/lysine therapy have reported lowered blood pressure as one of the positive outcomes, even in cases of drugs not working. This could be because the diameter of the arteries are increasing as the plaques recede.

Not every one reports the same success lowering BP on the Pauling therapy.

Magnesium and vitamin B6 deficiencies can also lead to elevated blood pressure, and various nutrients, such as CoQ10 have been shown to reduce elevated BP. So the answer to your question is the Tower Ascorsine-9 (or Foundation Ascorbade) products.

Finally, elevated blood pressure during times of stress, say visiting a doctor's office, is perfectly normal. Temporary high blood pressure supports the evolutionary fight-or-flight response. High blood pressure helps "push" nutrients and hormones into cells during the stressful period. You should worry about elevated blood pressure only if it remains high after the stress passes.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:41 am

Dear Owen: Yes, my friend is Type I diabetic -- with PAD. He is on a good diet with no trans fats. Possibly he then should go on a statin which the doctor wants to prescribe? Would Vitamin C be ok to take with the statin or possibly it will totally be blocked? So I guess Pauling therapy for him would not work?

In my opinion, the statin will more likely hasten your friends death. If he is going to follow his doctor's advice, which is understandable, he should also take at least 200 mg of CoQ10. Long story.

It is too bad the statin science has not been run by objective third parties, as discussed ad naseum on this forum. There is no theoretical reason why a "plant poison" (statins are derived from a plant poison) would be beneficial to diabetes patients. But here are many healthful benefits of cholesterol, especially in shoring up weak arteries. The fact that cholesterol increases during heart disease is a fact, but it is the body's natural reaction to compensate for weakening arteries (arteries that weaken, according to Linus Pauling, because of too little vitamin C enterng cells and the resulting decline in collagen production.)

Statins deprive the arteries of cholesterol, the material need to patch "holes" without strengthening the artery, as vitamin C will.

The key is vitamin C. Diabetes complicates the matter because less vitamin C generally enters cells (vitamin C like glucose requires insulin) and if Type 2 is also present, cells have become resistant to vitamin C entry.

Your friend should probably take his C when he takes his insulin, and he should take more vitamin C, plus 1 or 2 Lypo-C (livonlabs.com) to increase the chances the C will enter cells.

And per previous response, before resorting to a statin, I would first try 600 mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid (choose a brand with some in the R form, R-Alpha Lipoic Acid) with the vitamin C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”