Ignored cholesterol blamed for heart attacks

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Ignored cholesterol blamed for heart attacks

Post Number:#1  Post by Ralph Lotz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:58 am

LONDON (Reuters) - Danish researchers said on Tuesday they have found the strongest evidence yet that an often ignored form of cholesterol can cause heart attacks.

They said people with higher levels of a little-understood form of cholesterol called lipoprotein (a), which varies up to a thousand fold from one person to another, were also more likely to have heart attacks.

Statins -- taken by millions to cut heart attack and stroke risk -- do not affect lipoprotein (a) but the findings may encourage the development of new cholesterol-lowering drugs, said Borge Nordestgaard of Copenhagen University Hospital, who led the study...........
http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNe ... GM20090609

I guess these researchers never did a google search on Lp(a) or they would have found out about the Pauling Therapy and US Patent # 5,278,189.

If they had searched the Lipitor Canada web site they would have found that LIPITOR INCREASES Lp(a) while lowering COQ10 levels.

It is a good thing to see Lp(a) back in the news.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Bossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Ignored cholesterol blamed for heart attacks

Post Number:#2  Post by Bossman » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:32 pm

I agree with you that it is a good thing to see Lp(a) back in the news, but it is a shame that Dr. Pauling's findings and cure have been and are still being ignored. Imagine how many lives could have been saved and how much more quality of life many people with CVD could have enjoyed if mainstream medicine would have adopted Linus Pauling's recommendations decades ago.

What has to happen to get real recognition and widespread adoption of Linus Pauling's vitamin C + amino acid protocol?

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#3  Post by J.Lilinoe » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:11 am

Ignorance seems to be a common practice with researchers and other health care professionals these days when it comes to Lp(a) and the Pauling therapy. Even a naturopathic doctor (in practice for 20 plus years) told us that testing for Lp(a) was not necessary so we had to ask another naturopath to order the test for my mother.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:12 am

Bossman wrote:I agree with you that it is a good thing to see Lp(a) back in the news, but it is a shame that Dr. Pauling's findings and cure have been and are still being ignored. Imagine how many lives could have been saved and how much more quality of life many people with CVD could have enjoyed if mainstream medicine would have adopted Linus Pauling's recommendations decades ago.

What has to happen to get real recognition and widespread adoption of Linus Pauling's vitamin C + amino acid protocol?

Yours is the $64,000 question. Obviously, Rath's efforts, our efforts, while successful in those who opted on their own to try it, has not made a dent in medicine, and the real way to make such a dent is to run a fair study. (The only one we know of, the 3 year Kale Kenton study, was somehow quashed.) It is to hard for people to comprehend that a potential cheap cure is being ignored - on purpose. Even I cannot believe it sometimes.

So if you have any ideas, let me know. (I notice how millions, even billions, are now being bantered around by the US Government, say to study fish in the great lakes, or swine flu, etc. so if we could get our hands on a fraction of that amount, we could run some pretty interesting studies!)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”