No blockages, strong heart muscles

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

J.Lilinoe

No blockages, strong heart muscles

Post Number:#1  Post by J.Lilinoe » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:16 pm

Aside from one weak heart valve which the cardiologist said, "was not serious," my 88 yo mother's recent angiogram disclosed that she had no blockages in her coronary arteries and that her entire heart muscle was strong. She apparently had to take the angiogram (stuck a catheter up her wrist) as a first step before the surgeon could remove the large aneurysm (6 inches around) in her right iliac artery.
The angiogram was done this past Tuesday (6/23) and her open surgery was done on Friday (6/26). She is currently recovering well. My mother was taking Ascorsine 9 for a week before her surgery at 4 scoops per day. Prior to that she was taking a load of supplements which included Vitamin C (3000 mgs per day), Unique E (800 IU per day), Vitamin D3 (4000 IU per day), Vitamin B Complex (100 mgs per day), Ubiquinol (300 mgs per day), Vitamin A, fish oil (2 Tablespoons per day), one multi vitamin and mineral supplement twice per day, rauwolfia for her blood pressure and a blood sugar support supplement for her glucose levels.
I would like to give special credit to the Vitamin C, Unique E and Vitamin D for her "no blockage" report. Having a blockage would have meant inserting a stent and then taking plavix for a whole year. Not good. I would also like to give special credit to the Ubiquinol for her strong heart muscle. But all of the supplements that she was taking were all responsible for the outcome and her strong recovery. Of course what also helped was that she was not on any drugs. I had stopped her from taking 20 mgs lipitor 6 months ago and I had stopped her blood pressure medication 2 months ago.
The hospital took a list of all her supplements which included Ascorsine 9 and everything included in it. Most of what was applied to my mother's health care was found on this forum. Thanks Owen, thanks Ralph and thanks to everyone for your continued efforts to
keep Vitamin C at the forefront.

J.Lilinoe

Re: No blockages, strong heart muscles

Post Number:#2  Post by J.Lilinoe » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:18 pm

I forgot to also add that because she wears dentures, she had no teeth issues (root canals or mercury fillings) that would have directly affected her heart. :)

BaronZemo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#3  Post by BaronZemo » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:40 pm

I had stopped her from taking 20 mgs lipitor 6 months ago and I had stopped her blood pressure medication 2 months ago.

what did she do in place of the blood pressure medications?

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#4  Post by J.Lilinoe » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:38 pm

what did she do in place of the blood pressure medications?

I took her to a naturalpathic doctor who gave us an herbal supplement called Rauwolfia extract because her BP was varying between 150/80 to 130/80. My mother took 3 capsules per day for a month and her BP went down to between 130/80 and 120/80 but then she began having some side effects (nasal congestion and vivid dreams) after the naturalpath had told me that there were no side effects. I had to find the monograph which confirmed that there actually were side effects. When we stopped the supplement, her BP went up again so I lessened the dose to 2 capsules instead of 3 per day a week before her procedure. I noticed on the monitor after the angiogram that her BP was 150/80. After her surgery to remove the aneurysm however, the monitor registered her BP at 126/80. Now I am wondering if the aneurysm was one of the causes for her HBP. :?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:34 pm

JL: Overall, great report and you should be applauded for guiding your relative down the right path.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#6  Post by J.Lilinoe » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:15 am

Owen thanks. My mother got released from the hospital today after they were confident that her irregular heart rate was stabilized. They had to give her a beta blocker in order to stabilize her heart rate and keep her blood pressure down so now she is stuck taking at least one drug. An interesting thing I noted was that the doctor also added that we should give her fish oil for her heart. Its good that they at least know that fish oil does help with irregular heart beats. :D I only wish that they would add Vitamin C too.
As far as the wound in her abdomen goes, its healing quite quickly and without much pain. As soon as she is able to eat and swallow normally again I am hoping to add the ascorsine 9 back hopefully by this weekend. :)

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:21 am

Hmmm I hope you are finding a way to give her vitamin C daily in the meantime.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#8  Post by J.Lilinoe » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:49 am

Unfortunately, I won't be able to give my mother her vitamin c until tomorrow when I drive over to see her on the other side of the island. Its a 2 hour drive. We flew her there after her hospital stay so that she could stay with my brother since he can give her 24/7 care as opposed to me who has to work during the day. At that time, I will see if she can also drink the ascorsine 9 and get my brother to give it to her twice daily.

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by Ralph Lotz » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:10 am

The A-9 will assist her overall healing process.
Very risky to become scorbutic at this time.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”