Husband starting Cardio-C after Bypass, enough?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Husband starting Cardio-C after Bypass, enough?

Post by ofonorow » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:00 am

Hi Dr. Fonorow,

I was given your name and e-mail by Mike in your shipping department. I just ordered on auto ship the Cardio-C. I would like to find out what you think he needs to take for his situation. The Cardio-C container says to take 1-3 servings a day. I will tell you his medical situation so you can let us know how many servings he needs to take a day, and if there is any other product that he might need.

My husbands name is Bruce. He is 54 years old. He had an "unexpected" triple bypass in February of 07'. He did not have a heart attack, as we were able to get him to the emergency room in time. His main artery was fifty percent blocked.

His surgery went very well, with the best surgeon in this area. He was back to work in three months as a Journeyman Tilesetter, but then he was laid off at the end of 07'. Now he drives a bus for the developmentally disabled. So he is getting a lot more rest now, and not so stressed out. We eat very healthy, including organic. He walks on the treadmill for 30 min. a night. He sees a cardiologist every six months, and he has the whole shebang done, including a sonogram. And everything looks good. He does have a family history of heart disease. His father has heart problems, and two grandmothers died of heart disease.

So, with all that said...could you please let us know how may servings of Cardio-C he should take, and if there is any other product you would recommend. We are financially tight, but we realize his health is a priority.

Thank you for your help!

Ms. S. L.

Vitamin C dosage is the key. We all differ in our requirements and ability to absorb it. If price is an issue, find the lowest cost bulk powder you can find.

Generally Pauling recommended the dosage in the contents of one Jar cardio-C monthly as a preventive, while 2-3 jars would provide his recommended therapeutic dosages of both vitamin C and lysine. From your description, a therapeutic dosage is called for.

However, there are a host of other nutrients that I have found to be important, not the least of which are vitamin E, magnesium, and especially CoQ10 at age 54. And there are other products that make taking these additional supplements easier, more economical than a large number of pills. Without any fillers.

So to answer your question, at least 2 jars of Cardio-C, but you might look into the Tower products, either Heart Technology or especially Ascorsine-9. You can follow the links from

http://paulingtherapy.com/products.html

to learn more and order the various Vitamin C/lysine drink mix products that I recommend.

Some people order 1 Jar of Ascorsine-9 - for all the ingredients, but order the second jar for the necessary vitamin C/lysine monthly as either Heart Technology or Cardio-C. This provides the therapeutic effect of 2 jars at a lower cost than 2 Jars of Ascorsine-9 (or Ascorbade)

You can use my name (Owen) when ordering from Tower and receive a 30% discount on the first RETAIL jar. (not autoship which is already discounted 30%).

Also please note that I have posted various supplement recommendations for cardiovascular disease based on my experienced (from Chapter 7 of my book) here

http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutali ... /protocol/

Finally, information on determining the right amount of vitamin C for your husband starts by reading Dr. Cathcart's TITRATING paper

http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm

If his tolerance happens to be low, then there is an exciting new (albeit expensive) product - liposomal vitamin C which is 100% absorbed with no gas or diarrhea.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Husband starting Cardio-C after Bypass, enough?

Post by Ralph Lotz » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:01 pm

This is the first case where I heard of a bypass with only 50% blockage. I assume the other 2 arteries were worse?

My brother-in-law was over 90% blocked before any symptoms appeared.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”