68, heart attacks and doctor/family no supportive of PT

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

68, heart attacks and doctor/family no supportive of PT

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:18 am

I'm 68 (male) & had major heart attack \'89, 4x bypass \'96, & mild heart attack 7/11/09. Just learned about Pauling therapy, but wife & docs not supportive, so will have to take at least some of the Rx\'s for now. Questions:

1) will the therapy lower my LDL score enough to impress my doc\'s obcessive concern to get it down to 70! (2 weeks ago 100 was the target!);

2)will the effectiveness of the therapy be compromised by also taking any or all of the Rx meds;
3)since money is tight, I wondered if I could take the CardioAde & supplement it with Proline from the local health food store; or would doubling the dose of your Cardio-C be a better option; or would I be better off just getting HeartTech & double-dosing it?? Also, how long does shipping take?
P.D.

I note that you ordered Tower Heart Technology - good choice for someone on a tight budget. Even though CardioAde is more economical, it lacks some key ingredients you would have to purchase elsewhere, e.g. vitamin E, A, Bs, etc.

The key to the Pauling-therapy is the right dosage of vitamin C, and by right we mean high enough to be therapeutic in your individual case. In my experience this usually means at least 10,000 mg daily. (Note: 2 HT servings provides roughly 6000 mg and 3 HT servings (3 jars monthly) provides 9000 mg of vitamin C, normally a very good amount, except in rare cases where either more is needed, or the individual cannot tolerate (does not absorb) that much vitamin C.

At the right dosage of vitamin C, your total cholesterol WILL normalize to 180 mg/dl.

Doctors focus on LDL because of an effort sell the cholesterol-lowering drugs, but it is a very important substance (LDL) and according to the Pauling/Rath unified theory, LDL is not the cause of heart disease. Rather it is a symptom, so treating LDL with drugs is treating the symptom, not the underlying cause; a chronic vitamin C deficiency.

So, having said that, medical doctors know little about this, as I describe in my book PRACTICING MEDICINE WITHOUT A LICENSE, however, Dr. Thomas Levy's book, STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER, might be a better book to start with family, and doctor. If you can get your doctor to read Levy's book (The book cites over 650 studies and Levy is a board certified cardiologist who happens to also be an expert in vitamin C) they may not become completely supportive, but they are more likely to let you proceed with a high vitamin C treatment. Dr. Levy logically reduced all 27 known cardiovascular disease "risk factors" to a single underlying cause - low vitamin C.

Things get complicated if they have you on statin cholesterol lowering drugs. This increases your requirement for CoQ10 dramatically, to at least 200 mg and probably 400 mg daily. (Your heart needs CoQ10 to beat, and adequate CoQ10 to beat correctly. Statin drugs deplete CoQ10 by interferring with its synthesis in our bodies, requiring supplementation if taking these drugs. Warnings are made to Canadians, but not doctors in USA.)

I would start with a 500 mg ascorbic acid tablet every 3-4 hours, along with a 500 mg lysine tablet. Today. When the Heart Technology arrives, take a serving 3 times daily, breakfast, lunch, dinner, in place of the tablets, but I would take the tables every 3-4 hours between meals in addition, at least until the tablets run out. You should attempt to reach your tolerance level of vitamin C. (If you tolerance turns out to be very low, there are other options.)

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: 68, heart attacks and doctor/family no supportive of PT

Post Number:#2  Post by Ralph Lotz » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:40 am

Good to know what RX's P.D. is taking so we can help keep them from killing him.
Beta Blockers and Calcium Channel blockers cause heart attacks and heart failure.
Diuretics cause heart failure from B1 loss.
Statins cause COQ10 deficiency, myalgia, myopathy, congestive heart failure.
Coumadin causes rapid arterial calcification.

In addition to HT, P.D. needs at least 1 tablespoon daily of omega-3 fish oil and 400-800 mg daily of magnesium.
Carlson's lemon fishoil and Source Naturals Ultra-Mag at best prices from vitacost.com.
Trader Joe sells 1# of ascorbic acid for $10
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”