Going off Lipitor

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

bclark

Going off Lipitor

Post by bclark » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:14 am

I have been on the Heart Tech Towers Lab protocol for 3 months. I will be getting blood work in late September. 5 years ago I had 3 Cordis Stents implanted and had been on a Plavix( 75 mg) and Lipitor ( 80mg) daily protocol until this past June when I satred the Heart Tech. I still take the Plavix but have stopped the Lipitor. With the Lipitor my Levels were LDL 66, HDL 40 and Total Cholesterol 116.

I take 6,000 Mg vitamin C daily with the Heart tech formula and supplement with an additional 4,000 mg Vitamin C daily.

I am curious if anyone else has a simiilar story and what kind of results you may have had.

I will share my blood results after I get the results. I am also going to have my Lipo(a) level checked with this round of blood work.

J.Lilinoe

Re: Going off Lipitor

Post by J.Lilinoe » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:31 am

Good that you stopped the Lipitor considering the harmful side effects (congestive heart failure, muscle destruction, memory loss, etc.) that it brings with prolonged use. Plus it only lowers your absolute risk of having another coronary event by less than 2%.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:00 am

With a little research (and the technical name for Plavix) you can find details on the Plavix trials that were cut short - because of increased chance of death in the Plavix groups. You should take this information to your doctor and ask him or her about why she put you on such a dangerous drug.

We have had long discussions about cholesterol-lowering drugs like Lipitor and I believe you made the correct decision replacing the statin drug (Lipitor) with moderately high dose vitamin C. Your total cholesterol of 116 is VERY low, too low and I am surprised you don't have symptoms of low cholesterol I would expect your cholesterol to have risen to 160-180 mg/dl, but if higher, that would signal that you should increase your vitamin C intake. Yes, please let us know what your new numbers are. They will (hopefully) rise.

Have you read
http://internetwks.com/owen/TruthChol.htm
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

bclark

Post by bclark » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:12 am

I just got my blood work back and I am a little nervous. My overall cholesterol has risen to 249.This is since I went off Lipitor in June of this year. My LDL has shot up to 184 and my HDL rose slightly to 44.

My cariologist wants me to go back on Lipitor. I have been on the Heart Tech Product ( 2 jars) per month since June 2009.
Plus supplementing about another 4 to 5 grams Vitamin C per day with the ( Vitamin C foundation) C powder product.

Any thoughts etc?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:22 am

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

bclark

Post by bclark » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:17 am

So what you're saying as I increase my C to higher grams per day and over time I should see my LDL and Overall levels decrease. I did have my Lipo(a) tested. The cardiologist called me yesterday and told me it was 24. Said that was good.
Is it?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:34 am

research!

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:00 pm

I forgot to ask you a question you said you had Cordis stent put in usually they give you the paper work for the stent could you look and see if it was a Cypher , Fire star, or a Dura star and let me know. Thank you
research!

bclark

Post by bclark » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:16 am

The cordis stents were Cypher. They have been in 5+ years. I will take a look at the site you supplied and print the 14 pages to review.

Thanks

bclark

Post by bclark » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:20 am

One other thing. I thought Niaspan was for raising HDL. Is it also good for lowering Lipo(a) ?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by pamojja » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:11 am

bclark

Post by bclark » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:45 am

Does anyone have any experience with this scenerio.as previously mentioned I was on 80mg per day Lipitor. I have now been off sine June 2009 and have been on the Tower Labs Heart tech & C supplement program. 8 to 11 grams C per day plus the Lysine,proline etc. of the products.

Blood work in late September. Levels pretty high. Overall Cholesterol 249, LDL 184, HDL 44 Lp(a) 24
Having another round of bloodwork early November.

Also, I was reading in Owen's Practicing Medicine Book about a gentlemen who had a Cypher stent and was having alot of angina issues. I have 3 of the Cordis Cypher Stents and have not really had any significant angina isssues either while on the Lipitor or since I went off .

Question is can the Heart Tech/Acorsine "Pauling" therapy help the other "healthy" areas of my heart's system. Anyone with a similar scenerio.

Thanks

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:06 am

Wow. 80 mg Lipitor is an awfully high dose! (And a dangerous dose - most of the positive studies were with much lower dosages.) I infer that your cholesterol is "naturally" high, otherwise your prescription wouldn't have been that dosage. And 249 while in the upper normal range, is still in the normal range.

How is your bowel tolerance at those vitamin C levels? Sounds like you are on a pretty good dosage of vitamin C, but as we discuss all the time, everyone is different. (A post today was of a man and woman in their late 40s and early 50s who take 60,000 mg of vitamin C daily.) I think that if you are worried about those cholesterol numbers, you should consider taking more vitamin C, in addition to what you take in the products, perhaps even adding 1 or 2 packets of livonlabs.com Lypo-C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by pamojja » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:08 am

pamojja wrote:
bclark wrote::: I thought Niaspan was for raising HDL. Is it also good for lowering Lipo(a) ?

However, Niaspan is sort of a time release niacin and I remember reading about possible side effects of liver damage with this particular form necessitating liver monitoring.

Found the article again:
http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2007/mar2007_atd_01.htm

J.Lilinoe

Post by J.Lilinoe » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:40 am

Cholesterol is a risk factor NOT the cause of heart disease. Also cholesterol is not the only substance that makes up plaque. There are dead cells and calcium too. The real cause of heart disease is a diet high in sugar or a diet of foods that convert to sugar. Lay off the sugar.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”