Still passing Kidney Stones on Pauling Therapy

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Still passing Kidney Stones on Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:55 am

I am still passing kidney stones since starting the Pauling Therapy. Is anyone else having this problem on Pauling?

What is your urine pH? According to a detailed description by Linus Pauling in "How To Live Longer and Feel Better" there are different types of stones, some form in acidic urine, but more often in alkaline urine. Vitamin C helps to control this second type of stone. Catchart gave huge amounts of C to over 20,000 patients and reported the complete absence of kidney stones.

The only study I have seen lately connects stone formation to a lack of vitamin B6.

If your stones are forming in acidic urine, then the fix is to neutralize your urine pH by taking vitamin C as sodium ascorbate, or adding baking soda to the vitamin C.

What have you been doing to determine your urine pH? What kind of stones, etc.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Still passing Kidney Stones on Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:58 am

Last time my stones were analyzed they were calcium oxalate.

I am guess that you have acidic urine.

According to Pauling, your type of stones tend to form in acidic urine, meaning you should be taking your vitamin C as sodium ascorbate, (or should be adding sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) to your vitamin C) until your urine pH is in the middle of the range.

According to Pauling, stones will not form in pH neutral urine.

You can also fight kidney stones by taking extra B6 and drinking a lot of water.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:00 am

Hi Owen,

Okay I just checked my urine and the ph is 5 and specific gravity is 1.030 So how much sodium bicarb should I take and how often?

The Vitamin C I am taking only says Ascorbic Acid with Rose Hips, I have a few bottles left of 200 tabs each. Do you pay more for Sodium Ascorbic Acid? I do not recall seeing any listed like that on the shelves at Walgreens where I buy all my vitamins.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Try LEF.ORG - It is easy to turn some of your ascorbic acid into sodium ascorbate, at least the powder, by adding baking soda. Our forum has detailed discussions/instructions, but the answer really is - take as much as needed to keep your urine pH neutral (or even slighly
alkaline in your case.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:04 pm

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by Ralph Lotz » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:44 am

These types of stones can be resolved using B6 and magnesium.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... n15677755/
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”