83 year-old w/possible Nerve Myopathy

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

83 year-old w/possible Nerve Myopathy

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:23 am

Dr Fonorow
Mr K. might be developing nerve myopathy. His question is, could HT be causing the problem? Should he reduce his c consumption. He is an 83 year old PHD.

I have no knowledge and have never read or heard that vitamin C may be causing any sort of nerve damage. I have read (in Pauling's HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER) that overdose of vitamin B6 has been implicated in this, especially the form of the vitamin that is contained in most supplements. How much vitamin B6 is the gentleman consuming?

Otherwise I would look to the drugs he is taking, and study their side effects on the Internet. If they deplete CoQ10 - then that is a clue, and he should increase his dosage using a good CoQ10 supplement, at least 300 mg daily, even more, and see if that stops the symptoms.

Another cause of "nerve damage" is mercury from fillings (amalgams).

If they want to provide more details, we'd be happy to discuss the case (anonymously) at our forum, and in my opinion more, not less vitamin C is probably called for.

We would have to know more, but I will post this at our forum, and others with knowledge may comment.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”