It has been over ten months since my mild heart attack

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

It has been over ten months since my mild heart attack

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:58 am

Dear Owen,

It has been over ten months since my mild heart attack and I have been using your Vitamin C product for most of that time along with Tower Labs Ascorsine 9. More recently, after much more study, I have increased the dosages. What a difference I can feel using this program. I was able to fly down to Oakland and take the Berkeley Heart Lab lipid panel which provides much more detail on all the subclasses of LDL and HDL. My triglycerides have dropped dramatically and I am now able to fine tune what I am doing so that I can address other inflammation factors.

The bottom line is, many thanks to you and Sally for writing the book and providing a source for Vitamin C.

One question you could help me with. In comparing your AscorbAde product with the Tower Labs product, Ascorsine 9, your product has a much lower dosage (1200 mg) of lysine than Tower (2,800) per serving. Yet your book says that Pauling recommended 2 to 6 G a day of Lysine. Can you tell me why the dosage is lower and why you feel this product is better or how it compares to Tower Labs product.

Your product has several additional ingredients then Towers.

I have introduced a number of people to your foundation, who are purchasing Vitamin C, and now my sister is inquiring about the AscorbAde. Any advice you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel E.
Leavenworth, Washington

Dear Daniel,

Thank for the report and thanks to Linus Pauling. The short answer is that Ascorsine-9 and AscorbAde are very similar. The differences (as you mention, esp. proline) make A-9 target those with cardiovascular disease. We tried to make AscorbAde a more general "longevity" tonic. However, for a theoretical reason, if someone has already had a bypass, it would probably be safer (at least in theory) to take Ascorbade the first year after the bypass. (Less proline to interfere with the body's natural reinforcement of the bypass.)

I know its is confusing, and I do not think there is a big difference.

Both products are outstanding and either product would be highly beneficial to someone with cardiovascular disease. Although one should consider certain fat solubles and even more vitamin C throughout the day if fighting CVD (either product).
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”