Another study links Vitamin D to lower heart risk

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

godsilove

Another study links Vitamin D to lower heart risk

Post Number:#1  Post by godsilove » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:18 pm

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/1 ... -study/?em

Patients were divided into three groups based on their vitamin D levels: “normal,” for those who had over 30 nanograms per milliliter of blood, “low” for those with levels of 15 to 30, and “very low” for those with levels less than 15.

Those with the lowest vitamin D levels were 77 percent more likely to die during the follow-up, 78 percent more likely to have a stroke and 45 percent more likely to develop coronary artery disease than those with normal levels. They were twice as likely to develop heart failure as those with normal levels. And even those who had moderate deficiencies were at higher risk, the researchers said.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Another study links Vitamin D to lower heart risk

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:36 am

Yes, and what is medicine's theory regarding this finding?

I have a theory. (Actually it dovetails quite nicely with Pauling/Rath)

From my recent personal experience with high vitamin D in winter, and the result being an almost complete protection from illness, a protection I did not receive from mega vitamin C alone for many years, and combined with knowledge from Cathcart and others http://orthomed.com/titrate.htm that almost any illness quickly depletes tissues of vitamin C, my theory is that high vitamin D, by protecting against illness and rapid vitamin C loss, thereby protects the cardiovascular system.

One way to find out would be to analyze the same data on the basis of illness.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

godsilove

Re: Another study links Vitamin D to lower heart risk

Post Number:#3  Post by godsilove » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:29 pm

ofonorow wrote:[color=#000080]Yes, and what is medicine's theory regarding this finding?

I don't believe there is any consensus as yet. Vitamin D has multiple physiological roles, and quite a few hypotheses have been put forth. There is nothing conclusive yet, and it still remains to be confirmed whether or not Vitamin D has a causal link with lower CV risk, or whether it is simply a correlation. A lot of research still needs to be done, but this does look promising.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”