Questions after stopping BP meds

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Questions after stopping BP meds

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:07 am

I have decided to stop my BP med for a couple of months to try to reduce it nutritionally. I am 58, healthy, average weight and excersise everyday.I found your site,ordered your Vit C and am taking 4-6gm perday, raw garlic, 1gm magnesium, 500 to 1000mg of all recomended aminos and vitamins for about 2months.My question,when should I expect results,my BP is hovering at 135-145/80-90?I am getting sick of all the pills though,are there alternatives?Do I need the aminos if I don\'t have heart disease?Do you have any suggestions or advise. The Benicar was making my hair fall out so I\'d rather not go back if I can help it.I also hate being tied to a drug for life. My dad had high BP and the Dr. says it could be hereditary,any coment on that?
Thanks for any input,
L.

Search for high blood pressure here, as we have provided info previously. Magnesium important, but so would be 200 mg of a good vitamin B6 (which has been found to work better than prescription blood pressure meds.)

5-6 grams of vitamin C usually excellent, but may be too low in your case - what is your C bowel tolerance, i.e. http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm

Blood pressure is measured because a small narrowing of the arteries can cause an exponential rise in bp. In other words, elevated bp is a symptom of arterial narrowing (or hardening). Therefore, Pauling's vitamin C/ lysine/proline therapy is worth trying, and many report substantial drops in blood pressure.

Your elevated BP might be caused by hardening - there is no harm in adding vitamin K1/K2 (e.g. Lef.org's super-k), to help move calcium from soft tissues into bone. May experience miraculous results. Please let us know.

Also, remember that temporary high blood pressure is completely normal (e.g. when visiting a doctor) as it is part of the "fight or flight" response, and helps push nutrients into cells. Do you take your blood pressure when you are otherwise relaxed?

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

godsilove

Re: Questions after stopping BP meds

Post Number:#2  Post by godsilove » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:55 pm

ofonorow wrote:

Also, remember that temporary high blood pressure is completely normal (e.g. when visiting a doctor) as it is part of the "fight or flight" response, and helps push nutrients into cells. Do you take your blood pressure when you are otherwise relaxed?

[/color]

BP measurements can be taken at home or at certain pharmacies if this is a concern.

L., you can also try adhering to a DASH diet. Eat as many fruits and vegetables as you can, and reduce your sodium intake. Be sure to check food labels carefully, as high levels of sodium can crop up where you least expect it.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”