Grateful I found PT - Mom reversing her PAD

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Grateful I found PT - Mom reversing her PAD

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:23 am

Owen,
Thank you for the information. I'm grateful. Although I tried years ago to get my parents to take vit. C, they didn't know how important it was to extend and improve quality of life; nor did I.

I went home to visit my parents last February for my dad's 90th birthday. The change since I'd last seen him in the previous August was shocking. I knew it was a clinical picture of connective tissue breaking down. He'd been overweight for years, but with wide shoulders his waist had never before extended beyond them. In February his waist measurement had increased several inches. From his armpit to his waist it looked like a concave sling. Perhaps you remember the pictures of
Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum from nursery rhymes. Those characters appeared to have hula-hoops at the waist without the abdomen billowing out over the belt. That was part of the clinical picture Dad presented.

After googling for Pauling and vitamin C, I found your site: http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com

I ordered hearttech for Mom. She's still with us. And her PAD is being reversed. Last summer she fell and rolled and rolled after being on the Hearttech for eight weeks. She stood up and was just fine. Not bad for an 89-year-old lady on coumadin.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making the formulas available, but mostly for writing the book and having the video available so that we could all be educated. Mom has watched the video 3-4 times and is compliant in taking the the vitamin C and L-lysine formula since she now understands the importance.

I "stand on my soapbox" and tell everyone willing to listen about vitamin C and L-lysine and give them your website addresses.

Gratefully,
R.

Thank you for this report. Do you think your Mom is up to going on Glenn Beck - or you, telling the story?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

godsilove

Re: Grateful I found PT - Mom reversing her PAD

Post Number:#2  Post by godsilove » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:50 pm

How do they know that the PAD is being reversed?

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Lone Dog » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:54 pm

I've asked previously if people thought PAD was treatable by the PT, and it seems no-one really knows, the PT appears to be targeted at heart disease mainly. But does it help with PAD?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:09 am

How would a physician diagnose PAD in the first place?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by Johnwen » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:34 am

Yes! Pad is treatable using the Pauling/Rath Method.

Here is a link on the various methods to diagnois PAD!

http://www.americanheart.org/presenter. ... diagnosing
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by pamojja » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:06 am

godsilove wrote:How do they know that the PAD is being reversed?

In my case PAD was diagnosed a year ago because of pain in my legs while walking, and much worse going uphill or with a heavy rucksack. Even flat I couldn't walk fast and only less than a km before having to take a short break for a minute or two.

By the doubling of this walking distance, as well as being able to walk short distances fast again, I knew that there had been an improvement after about half a year.

Though I tried and use many other things beside the vit C and Lysine.
Lone Dog wrote:I've asked previously if people thought PAD was treatable by the PT, and it seems no-one really knows, the PT appears to be targeted at heart disease mainly. But does it help with PAD?

Heart disease, stroke and PAD are all caused by clogged arteries, the different location of the main blockage is their difference.

A CT picture of mine at the abdominal aorta fork (from a year ago):
Attachments
aorta.jpg
aorta.jpg (155.29 KiB) Viewed 8238 times

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by Lone Dog » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:17 am

It puzzles me when I read in various places re: the Pauling therapy, that plaque is said to be not distributed throughout the vascular system, only near the heart. If that is so, what is causing people to have intermittent claudication? I thought plaque was plaque, whether you have it near the heart or in the legs.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:58 am

The Canadian (Dr. George Willis) in the fifties noticed after autopsy that plaque was concentrated near the heart (See his papers: vitamincfoundation.org/pdfs) and formulated a hypothesis that mechanical forces caused by the heart beat were a primary factor in the disease.

Certainly, to a far lesser extent, there are problems with circulation throughout the body of people who have issues of PAD, etc. It is not known to me if these issues are the same as coronary arteries (perhaps cholesterol/CRP is more of an issue if blood pools or moves slower than it does near the heart?) I do not know if after autopsy, these peripheral arteries have been found to be "filled with plaques, " but if they are, then the same protocol should work to help strengthen peripheral arteries.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by Johnwen » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:18 am

Might be a good idea to keep an eye on your Vitamin D levels also. It seems to low or to high of V-D can cause trouble.

http://atvb.ahajournals.org/cgi/content ... type=HWCIT
research!

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by Lone Dog » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:12 am

If the mechanical stress is greater nearer the heart, then you might expect that to be the place where atherosclerosis begins first, so heart disease would be present in people before they get PAD. I'm sure that isn't always the case. If the stress is less, in e.g. the legs, or arms, then how does the plaque begin appearing in those places? Are we talking about plaque forming where free radicals have damaged the arteries?

If plaque contains the same stuff (calcium, lp(a), cholesterol, fibrin etc.) wherever it is deposited, then I would go along with the idea that if the PT works for heart patients then it would work for people with PAD.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by ofonorow » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:28 am

I don't know how much plaque is found post mortem in peripheral arteries. There may be other reasons for poor peripheral circulation. Accordking to wikepedia,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peripheral_artery_occlusive_disease
PAD occurs in "large" arteries, which implies higher mechanical forces, and

Associations

Many PVD patients also have angina pectoris or have had myocardial infarction. There is also an increased risk for stroke.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by Johnwen » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:04 pm

They been finding some different types artery problems like,"nonatherosclerotic proliferative lesions." These are just like a hernia that occurs inside the intima when the media muscle protrudes through the endothelila. The body doesn't recognize it as a threat and dosen't try to cover it up because the muscle cells are acting like a plug and there is no blood being exchanged. However the muscle cells continue to try to repair it and more cells form inside the intima. As the hernia increases in size so does the blockage. It's found quite offten around cabg graffs but has been also identified in pad. Usually in high stress areas and trauma and around stent placements. The arteries have to be weak to begin with (chronic scurvey) and age are usually the underlining cause.
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”