Why is proline so low in your products?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Why is proline so low in your products?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:31 am

Dear Dr. Fonorow,

A nice man at the Vitamin C foundation gave me this address so I could ask you a couple of questions.

1. One question I have is that I see that the Pauling Protocol has the L-Poline at 2,000 to 3,000 grams per day and the Cardio-C product only has 500 or 1,000 if one were to take 2 scoops a day. Have you found that the amount of L-Proline is just as effective at the lower dose for the purposes of addressing elevated lipo-protein a?

2. The second question I have is in regards to Vitamin C intolerance. I start to have issues at 3 grams and I need to get up to 5-6 grams. I don't know if the DSM Quali-C causes less intolerance issues. I do have a corn intolerance so since most other vitamin c products come from corn I do not know if that is the issue or if there is something else one can do to increase tolerance. Since the DSM Quali-C does not come from corn I don't know if that makes it easier to tolerate.

I appreciate your time in answering these questions.

Thank you,
G.A.

Where did you see the Pauling protocol recommending 2000 to 3000 mg proline?

My recomendation is here: http://practicingmedicinewithoutalicens ... t_chp7.pdf The recommendation is 250 mg to 2000 mg

Two jars of Tower Heart Technology has lowered Lp(a) and if memory serves, they have 400 mg per serving (or 800 mg daily.

What is the nature of your intolerance? Smaller dosages more frequently may be able to overcome some tolerance problems, otherwise you might want to consdier finding your tolerance level with ordinary C, then adding livonlabs.com Lypo-C (lipospheric) vitamin C which has virtually no adverse symptoms/reaction and is very well absorbed.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”