Bisoprol/Zebeta

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

jknosplr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Bisoprol/Zebeta

Post Number:#1  Post by jknosplr » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:47 am

As of 01/20/209 the current regime was

18-24 gr vit c/day
6 gr l-Lysine /day
6 gr l –Proline/day
other vitamins also on daily basis
400mg Q-10
100mg Magnesium Citrate
400 iu D3
B complex
Omega 3-6-9
500mg/day Niaspan
2.5mg Bisoprol

Increased/Added/ Deleted
Increased 800mg/day D3
Added 2000iu Vit E
Added 1-2 packets of Lypo-Spheric C/day

Stopped 2.5 mg Bisoprol/day

Bisoprol is a beta-blocker, could the Bisoprol in any way have been affecting the absorption of the Vit C? My last blood pressure was 110/70 and never really had high blood pressure through out my life. So as the last straw, I nixed the Bisoprol from my regime added the E and Lypo. Second question, will high does of Vit C affect body weight loss?

Current Regime is

18-24 gr vit c/day
6 gr l-Lysine /day
6 gr l –Proline/day
400mg Q-10
100mg Magnesium Citrate
800 iu D3
B complex
Omega 3-6-9
500mg/day Niaspan
2000iu Vit E
1-2 packets of Lypo-Spheric C/day

scottbushey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Bisoprol/Zebeta

Post Number:#2  Post by scottbushey » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:32 am

I'm curious; Are you thinking that the 110/70 is a high BP reading?

jknosplr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by jknosplr » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:32 am

No I know the reading is normal or slightly below. I had added the Magnesium Citrate some time back, after adding it I noticed a slight drop in the blood pressure. . The highest my blood pressure has ever been is 125/85. One cardiologist told me it was high and wanted to up the Bisoprol to 5-10mg. I refused and he is no longer on the pay role. As stated my last reading was 110/70 so I decided to drop the Bisoprol and let the Magnesium Citrate replace the Bisoprol altogether. My personal observation of the Bisoprol was nausea and depression. I was just curious as to any inhibiting the bisoprol may have in respect to the Vit C

scottbushey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by scottbushey » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:44 am

Got you! Were you taking the VC to bowel tolerance-I believe that would be your answer, i.e. if you got loose stools while on the beta blocker.

jknosplr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by jknosplr » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:26 am

ScottBushey
Are you suggesting that if I reach BT at 18gr/dy Vit C (ascorbic Acid) concurrently with Bisoprol, then rescind the Bisoprol and reach BT at 9gr/day (hypothetically) that the Bisoprol was inhibiting the uptake of Vit C? Can I then assume that half of the Vit C was being flushed, and the other half used, or can I assume that some percent of the half that was not being flushed was also being inhibited from absorption also?? I am look for some evidence of the chemistry if there is any data available, or some one has direct knowledge.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:33 am

Are you suggesting that if I reach BT at 18gr/dy Vit C (ascorbic Acid) concurrently with Bisoprol, then rescind the Bisoprol and reach BT at 9gr/day (hypothetically) that the Bisoprol was inhibiting the uptake of Vit C?

If something was "inhibiting uptake, then more C should arrive at the rectum causing diarrhea. But when you stopped Bisoprol, your tolerance dropped, meaning more vitamin C reached the rectum. (Or is the codeine getting to me?)

Bisoprol increased your tolerance, but perhaps because vitamin C is rapidly metabolized "dealing" with Bisoprol or its metabolic products.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

jknosplr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by jknosplr » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:07 am

Or is the codeine getting to me?
.....maybe
I have not seen any significant change getting to BT since I got off the Bisoprol. I still ingest 18-24gr/day and either get gas and begin to back off on the Vit C or the stool starts to become loose. From what you are saying I can assume that the Bisoprol (was is) having no effect on the absorption of Vit C. So weather I take it or not is a mute point with respect to the Vit C absorption.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”