Friend recommended using Proline, doctor objects

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Friend recommended using Proline, doctor objects

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:41 am

I\'m using couversil, plavix, betalox, aspirine,lexapro. A friend of mine is using proline and is very happy with it. My cardiologist doesn\'t want to discuss using other medicines. I plan to use proline in addition to the described medication. Can I do that without any problems? So, can I use all the mentioned medicines and proline as well?
BJJ

I am glad you contacted us. You probably do not want to just add proline to your prescription drugs! (And if your friend is indeed only adding proline, then he may be putting himself at risk.)

The alternative to prescription heart medications, the so-called "Pauling Therapy", is defined as a large daily dose of vitamin C and the amino acid lysine. (Proline is an important adjunct to the Pauling therapy, and may enhance vitamin C and lysine's ability to reverse heart disease, but proline cannot replace these two nutrients.)

How much vitamin C are you taking now? At least two plavix trials I know of where halted because the plavix group was dying more quickly than the placebo group. You should ask your doctor about that. (Medicine is apparently blaming a genetic disposition, one that is apparently found in 75% of the population!?)

I would recommend that you find vitamin C and lysine as pills, most drug stores in the USA have 500 mg tablets, and begin by taking one tablet of each every 3 to 4 hours throughout the day. If you can go the entire day without gas or diarrhea, try increasing the next day to 1000 mg (2 tablets) of each (vitamin C and lysine) every 3 to 4 hours.

Once you determine the amount that causes diarrhea, back off about 10%. You have found your bowel tolerance, and at this point you should a) continue with your vitamin C/lysine dosage, and b) consider adding other nutrients to the protocol, such as proline. I have outlined my recommendations here:
http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutali ... /protocol/
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”