Will PT help leaky heart valves?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Will PT help leaky heart valves?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:24 am

My one heart valve does not close all the way and blood leaks back into my heart therefore i do not get as much blood pumped into my body. Does the vitamin C method work to repair valves?

Not specifically, to my knowledge, but there is no harm in trying. It is always a good idea to strengthen the cardiovascular system - including the heart, with vitamin C and lysine.

If I had your problem, I would start supplementing vitamin K1 and K2, e.g. SuperK from Life Extension (lef.org). This vitamin has a hormone-like effect of moving calcium from soft tissue into bones, and may help with the heart valve.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

scottbushey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Will PT help leaky heart valves?

Post Number:#2  Post by scottbushey » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:34 pm

hello,
Being in the medical field and specifically a cardiac nurse, the statement is inaccurate. A faulty valve will not decrease the amount of blood to the periphery. Ejection fraction determines the output of the heart. The concerns over a faulty valve would be clots-I assume you are on anticoags; generally all valve replacement patients are. Did you mention this to your cardiologist-he should be able to go into further detail.

~I'm with Owen, if you had bleeding gums or a sore toe, I would tell you to begin a VC regimen.

SPB

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”