What minimum dosage should I adhere to?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Bossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What minimum dosage should I adhere to?

Post Number:#1  Post by Bossman » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:07 am

Every time I read that we are supposed to take a daily dosage of ascorbic acid up to bowel tolrance (figures of 18 grams a day or more are flying around) I get discouraged and tend to stop taking ascorbic acid alltogether. That would be stupid, of course.
Can someone please indicate whether taking for example 3 grams of ascorbic acid and 2 grams of l-lysine a day does any good at all? Will such a 'low' dose help clean up arteries or is it merely sufficient to maintain status quo as far as arterial plaque is concerned?
Thank you in advance for your elucidation.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: What minimum dosage should I adhere to?

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:57 am

Can someone please indicate whether taking for example 3 grams of ascorbic acid and 2 grams of l-lysine a day

If you weight about 120 lbs. it will do you good. However if you want to learn more about this go into the "Archive" section and read "Testimony-It's the dosage stupid." It'll give some insight into how body weight affects your needs. I think me and Owen covered all the bases on it. Your post here is echoed in my last posting on it . Enjoy
John
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:45 pm

There is the anecdote of my Uncle - which I put in the book. After they found a 50% and a 90% carotid blockage, he had the 90% scraped. Felt better and they scheduled the scrape operation for the 50% side a month later. My aunt knew what I was doing and began giving him five pills of vitamin C and five pills of lysine per day for that month. That was about half of what pauling recommended because they were 500 mg pills. So my uncle got 2500 mg vitamin C and 2500 mg lysine.

When they operated one month later on the 50% side (by ultrasound) there was no plaque!The doctors were flabbergasted, although I don't think my aunt ever told them what she did.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Bossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by Bossman » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:07 pm

Gentlemen thank you very much for your replies. Owen, your uncle's case is amazing.
I am motivated now to continue with my present dosage of roughly 3 grams vit C and 2 grams Lysine per day.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”