Cardiologist: Owen, come back and see me in 20 years

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Cardiologist: Owen, come back and see me in 20 years

Post by Ralph Lotz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:20 pm

If this is the case, then I wonder why Abbott hasn't done any head-to-head studies with Lipitor or Crestor. A positive result would be a goldmine for them.

There are no if's about it.
Many cardiologists give their patients the niacin and CRESTOR or LIPITOR together. At least that might keep the Lp(a) from killing them. Then they can concentrate on the other deadly side effects.

A goldmine?

Slo-Niacin 500 Mg, 100 Tablets is $12.74 at CVS online.
NOW 500mg TR/250 Tablets, $7.99
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

godsilove

Post by godsilove » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:01 pm

Ralph Lotz wrote:A goldmine?

Slo-Niacin 500 Mg, 100 Tablets is $12.74 at CVS online.
NOW 500mg TR/250 Tablets, $7.99

Despite this, Niaspan sales are roughly $200 million every quarter and prescriptions rose following the ARBITER-HALTS study (vs. ezetimibe). Not bad for a drug that competes with generic niacin! What makes you think Abbott wouldn't stand to benefit from a head-to-head trial with one of the blockbuster statins, especially if the superiority of niacin is so obvious?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:20 am

rmb60 wrote:I understand that Cardiologists refer to the Angiogram as the Gold Standard for detecting blockages in the heart, how does your test compare to this ?....The only reason I ask is that I had a Nuclear tracer Stress test of my heart which also showed no problems but an Angiogram was offered to be certain, I declined but remain curious.

I don't understand either. An angiogram seems to make sense if some darkness (poor blood flow) was uncovered, but if the test showed good circulation, I personally do not see much value in the angiogram. I suppose they may be looking for the type of plaque, e.g. unstable. Sounds like they don't trust their own testing.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:36 am

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

godsilove

Post by godsilove » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:59 pm

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard