Cardiologist: Owen, come back and see me in 20 years

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Cardiologist: Owen, come back and see me in 20 years

Post by Johnwen » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:25 pm

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:54 am

scottbushey wrote:Owen,
being a cardiac nurse, I still have no idea why they ordered a stress test unless there was some indication that the pain you were experiencing was possibly cardiac. Additionally, why did they do an Adenosine test instead of the regular exercise test? A pancreatic situation would have shown elevations in your liver functions. If there were concerns over a cardiac situation your CPK, CK-MB and troponins would have been elevated. Your EKG would have had changes.......

I am not the cardiologist, but the scenario that Johnwen painted is very accurate. I experienced "chest pains" about 3 hours after my first meal in 5 days. At the time, I was also having an IV potassium drip. Now, I have never had angina/chest pains, so I don't know what they feel like and these pains, around my heart, were sharp, almost cramp-like, and they may have been skeletal muscle cramps, I don't know, but I figured since I was in a hospital to report it. That triggered the series of EKGs and blood enzyme tests - and to my knowledge everything was normal, with the possible exception of the EKG immediately after the chest pains. When the cardiologist came to chat, before the test, it was his impression that I did not have a cardiac event, but to be sure he ordered the nuclear stress test. He was thinking about the treadmill, but i told him i hadn't eaten in five days and felt weak.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

godsilove

Post by godsilove » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:31 am

Lemonaid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Lemonaid » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:44 am

In fact, I did a search in the literature and there are observational studies showing a protective effect on gallstone formation with statins (and some showing no effect)

Can you cite the observation study?

godsilove

Post by godsilove » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:57 am

Lemonaid wrote:
In fact, I did a search in the literature and there are observational studies showing a protective effect on gallstone formation with statins (and some showing no effect)

Can you cite the observation study?

Sure:
(1) Study published in JAMA showing a weak protective effect:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1990 ... dinalpos=1
(2) An analysis showing a reduced risk of gallstones requiring surgery in the Nurse's Health Study:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1920 ... dinalpos=2
(3) A French study showing no effect:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1131 ... inalpos=15

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:41 am

research!

godsilove

Post by godsilove » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:12 am

Statins may or may not prevent gallstones. I don't think observational evidence and animal studies are sufficient to answer that question. However, I could find no evidence that statins increase risk of gallstones - where did you get that notion?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:05 pm

research!

godsilove

Post by godsilove » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:37 pm

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:49 pm

research!

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:50 pm

research!

rmb60
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by rmb60 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:56 pm

I understand that Cardiologists refer to the Angiogram as the Gold Standard for detecting blockages in the heart, how does your test compare to this ?....The only reason I ask is that I had a Nuclear tracer Stress test of my heart which also showed no problems but an Angiogram was offered to be certain, I declined but remain curious.

godsilove

Post by godsilove » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:36 pm

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Ralph Lotz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:36 pm

Statins are a bad investment. Both LIPITOR and CRESTOR increase Lp(a) and reduce COQ1o levels.
If you believe that cholesterol causes cardiovascular disease try eliminating sugar and especially fructose from your diet. Then follow the Pauling Therapy, but don't forget niacin. Its in the Pauling-Rath patent, its cheap and it outperforms all lipid drugs and has for over 50 years, increases HDL, lowers LDL and triglycerides.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

godsilove

Post by godsilove » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Ralph Lotz wrote:Statins are a bad investment. Both LIPITOR and CRESTOR increase Lp(a) and reduce COQ1o levels.

I'm not saying statins don't have a downside - I'm just not seeing any evidence that one of these downsides is an increased risk of gallstones.

but don't forget niacin. Its in the Pauling-Rath patent, its cheap and it outperforms all lipid drugs and has for over 50 years, increases HDL, lowers LDL and triglycerides.

If this is the case, then I wonder why Abbott hasn't done any head-to-head studies with Lipitor or Crestor. A positive result would be a goldmine for them.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”