My Pasters heart

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: My Pasters heart

Post Number:#16  Post by Ralph Lotz » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:56 am

I edited my post above from neuropathy (nerves) to nephropathy (kidneys). If its the kidneys that are going, sometimes the B1 is miraculous. Neither ubiquinone nor ubiquinol can cure beri-beri if the kidneys are failing. (Ask the doctor if there is kidney failure.)

Most American cardiologists and endocrinologists are unaware of beri-beri here in soon-to-be 3rd world USA.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#17  Post by ofonorow » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:25 am

sweetjames wrote:What would be a safe amount of vitamin c to take now until the water problem is gone? if any at all. I was thinking maybe 2000 mg wouldnt require any extra water

That is always an interesting question because to my mind, the "safer" amounts of vitamin C are the larger amounts in almost all cases, until you reach diarrhea which means the body is no longer absorbing the vitamin. Our RDA is 3000 mg daily (1000 mg 3 times spread throughout the day) and is what we would recommend for the general population. In a case such as you describe, 10,000 is probably a minimum therapeutic amount to shoot for. I honestly don't understand the concern with water and vitamin C? Unless there is a kidney problem, the more water he drinks, the less he should retain. (Again, like the salt, if something becomes scarce, the body will try to hold on to it.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#18  Post by sweetjames » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:09 pm

Very interesting, i didnt think of it that way. Pasters wife said that they limited his water intake because he is retaining water around his heart. Can 10,000 mg vitamin c be taken a day without increasing water intake, how important is increasing water intake with that amount of vitamin c. I know i have a bottle of water open most of the day, and evening. If the more water he consumes the less he will retain is true then sounds like they have it backwards. Thanks the the feed back, always appreciated

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#19  Post by ofonorow » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:31 am

Not sure of the connection between water and vitamin C intake, but Linus Pauling recommended taking in a great deal of water. His reasons had to do with the load on the kidneys, as the thicker the urine, the harder the kidneys have to work. Keeping hydrated reduces the work the kidneys have to do. (Pauling became an expert around age 40 when he almost died of a usually fatal kidney disease. At that time, the treatment was higher protein. Since everyone died, he researched with a Stanford professor of medicine, and instead adopted a very low protein diet. He survived, but began taking a multivitamin daily. He started his high vitamin C intake around age 60, or twenty years later.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#20  Post by sweetjames » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Ive always heard that it is important to drink plenty of water if taking high amounts of vitamin c, my doctor said you can form crystals in your urine. Is it in fact ok to take high amounts of vitamin c in your opinion ?

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#21  Post by sweetjames » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:30 pm

Is it ok to take high amounts of vitamin c with out drinking extra water in your opinion

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#22  Post by ofonorow » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:18 am

Pauling recommended both high vitamin C and high water intake. Others may have comments, but I do not know of any data that taking vitamin C when you are dehydrated is risky, however dehydration all by itself is risky.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

MST

Post Number:#23  Post by MST » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:11 am

ofonorow wrote:http://www.vitaminexpress.com/ve_newsletter.php/nID/12
This study demonstrates the importance of using ubiquinol, especially as we age. Keep in mind there is every indication that the ubiquinone form has benefits other than those of ubiquinol. To take full advantage of the benefits of CoQ10, the dosage should include both forms and then according to age as to which one you take the most. Also, as demonstrated, ubiquinol does not require the high amount needed by ubiquinone to gain the same therapeutic effect for certain conditions.

I think the advice above is good, not exclude ubiquinone/CoQ10 - especially if there is water retention.

Here is an interesting read on COQ10
http://healthbeatnews.com/news/archives/456

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”