My Pasters heart

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

My Pasters heart

Post Number:#1  Post by sweetjames » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:16 pm

My paster has been strugling with diabetes, along with this he has plauque build up, he just had a steint put in and is already not feeling very good, im gonna do my best to get him going on Linus pauling therapy. Im thinking 15,000 mg vit c, 6,000 mg lysine, 2,000 mg proline, and if theres no BT problems maybe increasing the vit c, or decrease if there is BT problems. Does this sound right, any feed back is appreciated. Thanks

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: My Pasters heart

Post Number:#2  Post by sweetjames » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:01 am

Also my paster recently had staff in fection, and was perscribed so much antibiotics that it caused a problem with his good bacteria levels, he is just now recovering from that, the staff infection came from when he had the stein put in, i am sure vitamin c will resolve his problems and am going to the vitamin store with his wife to get vitamins today as well as incouraging them to join vitamin c foundation, i will appreciate your help. thanks so much

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#3  Post by sweetjames » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:08 am

also there is a problem with retaining water, i know he needs to drink more water if taking all this vitamin c. He retains water around his heart so they have told him not to drink much, what are the solutions to this, thanks

godsilove

Post Number:#4  Post by godsilove » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:04 pm

sweetjames wrote:Also my paster recently had staff in fection, and was perscribed so much antibiotics that it caused a problem with his good bacteria levels, he is just now recovering from that, the staff infection came from when he had the stein put in, i am sure vitamin c will resolve his problems and am going to the vitamin store with his wife to get vitamins today as well as incouraging them to join vitamin c foundation, i will appreciate your help. thanks so much

Is he having digestive problems? Probiotics may help, although I'm not sure which specific products would be best. Maybe someone can chip in with some more helpful info, but given that "probiotics" are not regulated, there's bound to be a lot of variation in the quality of products.

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by Ralph Lotz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:40 pm

there is a problem with retaining water

This can be a sign of thiamine deficiency (B1) that can be caused by some heart medications or diuretics, resulting in heart failure.
500 mg of B1 daily along with a B-Complex for about a week should make a difference.

Other supplements might include ubiquinol 300 mg/d , D-Ribose 5 grams/d and propionyl-l-carnitine 1,000-3000 mg/d

"probiotics" are not regulated

Untrue. This is the montra of the drug pushers.
All dietary supplements are regulated. I know, I used to make them.

The best probiotic is FLORAJEN, which should be available at or through Walgreens. see florajen.com.
These products use researched strains and are guaranteed.

Another good product is Jarrowdophilus CDS available at Vitamin Shoppe and online.

Kefir, available at Trade Joe's and Whole Foods Market is also a good probiotic food.
Last edited by Ralph Lotz on Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

godsilove

Post Number:#6  Post by godsilove » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:34 pm

Ralph Lotz wrote:Untrue. This is the montra of the drug pushers.
All dietary supplements are regulated. I know, I used to make them.

But no probiotic product is required to demonstrate that it actually works - correct? I see plenty of products in the drug store and supermarket labeled "probiotic", but not all of them specify how many bacterial cultures were used and which specific strain they contain. Am I wrong in assuming that these are two important pieces of information in judging whether a product is likely to be efficacious?

The best probiotic is FLORAJEN, which should be available at or through Walgreens. see florajen.com.
These products use researched strains and are guaranteed.

Another good product is Jarrodophilus CDS available at Vitamin Shoppe and online.

Kefir, available at Trade Joe's and Whole Foods Market is also a good probiotic food.

Thanks for the info. Do you know about a product called "Bio K+"?

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#7  Post by sweetjames » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:23 pm

thanks for that, ive heard about them also, i heard that the good ones will always be refrigerated, buts that all i know, also im wondering how he can possibly have a high intake of vitamin c with his water problem, all feed back is much appreciated

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by Ralph Lotz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:32 pm

The best probiotics are refrigerated throughout manufacture, encapsulation, shipping and display. The strains should be indicated and the potency should be guaranteed through the expiration date, not the date of packaging. The ones that are just sitting on the shelf should be classified as homeopathics except for Jarrow and Culturelle.
I don't like products that contain L.sporogenes. Most bacteriologists don't recognize it as a probiotic.

How Do We Know When Something Called “Probiotic” Is Really a Probiotic? A Guideline for Consumers and
Health Care Professionals
http://www.usprobiotics.org/docs/sander ... rev_09.pdf

Thanks for the info. Do you know about a product called "Bio K+"?

You are most certainly welcome! Bio K+ has gotten good reviews from my colleagues over the years. It contains acidophilus and casei.
However, I prefer products that contain one or more of the bifidum, such as b. bifidum or bb12 along with acidophilus.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#9  Post by sweetjames » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:36 pm

Aww, you were posting while i was typing mine, thanks for the feed back, the vit B and B complex sounds like good info, i was ready to go to the vitamin store with my Pasters wife and get him going on vitamin c, Lysine, and Proline, when she told me about the water around the heart problem and that the doctors told him to only drink two glasses of water a day, so i had to put starting on hold, i know he will need to drink plenty of water in order to take high levels of vitamin c, i appreciate thge help in finding a solution, Thank you

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by ofonorow » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:50 am

sweetjames wrote:also there is a problem with retaining water, i know he needs to drink more water if taking all this vitamin c. He retains water around his heart so they have told him not to drink much, what are the solutions to this, thanks

Note that ubiquinol is coenzyme Q10 - CoQ10 (from Ralph's suggestion). I have read that in Europe/Japan, congestive heart failure is considered a CoQ10 deficiency disease, and a symptom of CHF is water retention. I would try to get him to 300 to 600 mg of CoQ10 until the water problem disappears.

Furthermore, from Dr. David Brownstein's book SALT, we know that those on low-salt diets tend to retain water. I highly recommend this book See: https://www.drbrownstein.com/homePage.php and Dr. Brownstein recommends an unrefined sea salt, such as Celtic Sea Salt, and not the normal highly refined sodium chloride (table salt.) You can consider the unrefined salt to be a health food (contains more than 80 natural minerals). It can be used without reservation, and sea salt will give the body the sodium it needs and then the body will adjust and no longer try to retain scarce sodium by retaining water.

The diabetes is a complicating matter because high blood sugar levels make it harder for vitamin C to enter cells. If Type 2, check out http://healingmatters.com Mr. Smith provides a no-transfat protocol that can bring blood sugar down naturally, sometimes in 90 days. I would start with this article http://healingmatters.com/deception.htm
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#11  Post by sweetjames » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:13 pm

Thanks for the great info, so 600 mg COQ10 until the water problem is gone, meaning no vitamin c until that time, i appreciate the feed back thank you

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by Ralph Lotz » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:17 pm

I don't want to be argumentative, but COQ10 is not as effective as ubiquinol for congestive heart failure. The reasons B-1 should be started as well is that it may help the diabetic nephropathy which is screwing up the proper kidney function. The symptoms also match those of wet beri-beri, classic thiamine deficiency that involves the heart failing and water in the lungs.
Last edited by Ralph Lotz on Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by ofonorow » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:52 am

http://www.vitaminexpress.com/ve_newsletter.php/nID/12
This study demonstrates the importance of using ubiquinol, especially as we age. Keep in mind there is every indication that the ubiquinone form has benefits other than those of ubiquinol. To take full advantage of the benefits of CoQ10, the dosage should include both forms and then according to age as to which one you take the most. Also, as demonstrated, ubiquinol does not require the high amount needed by ubiquinone to gain the same therapeutic effect for certain conditions.

I think the advice above is good, not exclude ubiquinone/CoQ10 - especially if there is water retention.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#14  Post by sweetjames » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:24 pm

I didnt know there was two kinds, thanks alot for that, my pasters wife will be joining the foundation soon

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#15  Post by sweetjames » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:43 pm

What would be a safe amount of vitamin c to take now until the water problem is gone? if any at all. I was thinking maybe 2000 mg wouldnt require any extra water

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”