Father-in-law-High blood presure

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Father-in-law-High blood presure

Post Number:#1  Post by sweetjames » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:36 pm

My father in law has had high blood pressure for some time now, he is on two differnt blood pressure meds. The other day while leaving his house he had a gushing nose bleed and blead so much that he went through 4 hand towels and left a trail of blood across the driveway. When he was at the hospital they told him his blood pressure was WAY UP and that he was close to having a stroke, they got it down and added a third med for him to take. Im thinking there is something better then taking three blood pressure meds the rest of his life. Im hoping to get some feed back on what supplements will be of help and some good advice. We are all worried about him and look foward to getting some feed back. Thanks for all the help in the past

bbtri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Father-in-law-High blood presure

Post Number:#2  Post by bbtri » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:21 pm

Fish oil, magnesium, and vitamin C worked for me. Mine wasn't real bad - 140/90 when checked at a medical facility, and 130/85 when checked at home. After I started on Vit C it soon dropped 5 points, and adding the magnesium and fish oil dropped it another 5 points. Now it's consistently 120/75 no matter who checks it. I don't use big doses - 3g vitamin C, 3-4g fish oil, and 450mg magnesium. I take other vitamins and minerals, but these ones I was able to measure the effect.

Lemonaid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Lemonaid » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Vitamin D works directly on renin expression which affects blood pressure as well.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1252 ... &linkpos=1

I recommend 5K IUs starting immediately and a D test after 2-3 months.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:13 pm

Why don't you find out the names of all the meds, and we can give advice a try. Sounds like they may be giving him a blood thinner. Once you start bleeding on a blood thinner, it can be hard to stop. Also, if you haven't found this post, it is always the place to start the Linus Pauling protocol: http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8026
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by sweetjames » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:46 am

Thanks for the quick response Owen, ill get that info and post it ASAP

Steve Brown
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by Steve Brown » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:18 pm

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#7  Post by sweetjames » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:26 am

The Blood pressure meds he is taking are, Nifedical 60 mg Fornifedipine ditiazem 120 mg Bystolic 5 mg these are all prescribed for high blood pressure.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by Johnwen » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:20 pm

OMG! Three Calcium Channel Blockers and a Beta Blocker for a chaser. Your father in law might really like his doctor but it's apparent his doc ain't doing him no favors. Usually it's CCB and a ace inhibitor or CCB and a diuretic. Even if he's experiencing angina. A complete switch to ace inhibitor if he's been on CCB a long time and it's effectiveness is diminishing. Seriously he needs to talk to his doc. In the mean time there is very good advice posted above to help him get some controll naturally.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#9  Post by sweetjames » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:56 pm

The angina is with my father, this is my father inlaw

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by Johnwen » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:51 am

Thats why I'm saying he really needs to talk to his Doc, Fornifedipine Diltiazem is usually reserved for people with Non specific angina. This is used if they can't get good results with Amlodipine Besylate (norvasc) or theres an edema problem. Of course some docs have their own ideas and who knows he might see something that he feels your In-law will benefit from it. But from what your saying it ain't working for him so he really needs to have a talk with his doc and get a realignment of his BP meds.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#11  Post by sweetjames » Wed May 05, 2010 4:17 am

Will do, thanks for the feed back on his meds

twowheelfree
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#12  Post by twowheelfree » Thu May 06, 2010 8:49 pm

A co-worker credits her blood pressure normalizing with adding coconut oil to her morning smoothies. Personally, I add about 3 TB to my hot oatmeal about 5 days a week.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by ofonorow » Fri May 07, 2010 2:33 am

twowheelfree wrote:A co-worker credits her blood pressure normalizing with adding coconut oil to her morning smoothies. Personally, I add about 3 TB to my hot oatmeal about 5 days a week.

Same post in 2 forums is close to violating our spam rules! First notice.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#14  Post by sweetjames » Mon May 10, 2010 4:03 am

Same post in two forums close to violating rules. Please excuse me for not understanding, can you please explain that a little more clearly so i will know the rules and be sure to not violate them, i assume that is directed at the the posting by the member that was right before yours, thanks

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”