I just got the news - high cholsterol

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Csquared
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: I just got the news - high cholsterol

Post Number:#16  Post by Csquared » Wed May 19, 2010 3:25 pm

My mother's mom and dad both died of heart attacks but on my dad's side there was nothing, so its mixed.
None of mom's brothers or sister had heart attacks, nor her.

I'm trying so many things there wont be any cholesterol left in my body.

twowheelfree
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#17  Post by twowheelfree » Sat May 22, 2010 7:25 pm

Csquared wrote:The interesting thing is that my blood pressure is almost abnormally normal - I think normal is 120\80 and I am almost exactly that. Yet my
cholesterol is high.

Yup, me too. My cholesterol, last checked was 295 and blood pressure was 111/70. However, a cardioretinometry diagnosis has me with a 45% blockage. Just for grins, before I actually start C therapy, I think I will have my naturopath do a vita c blood test. Even the naturopaths at Bastyr University have said that I should do statins. Helped nobody in my family. Aint gonna do it.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#18  Post by ofonorow » Sun May 23, 2010 3:49 am

Cool on the cardioretinometry - you have a measure to see if the vitamin C/lysine therapy works!

As far as

Yup, me too. My cholesterol, last checked was 295 and blood pressure was 111/70. However, a cardioretinometry diagnosis has me with a 45% blockage. Just for grins, before I actually start C therapy, I think I will have my naturopath do a vita c blood test. Even the naturopaths at Bastyr University have said that I should do statins. Helped nobody in my family. Aint gonna do it.

The vitamin C blood test is not necessarily an accurate picture - as the half life of vitamin C in the blood stream is 30 minutes - so your levels depend entirely on your intake. Tissue saturation would be a much better measure, but such tests are crude. If I had a 45% blockage, I wouldn't wait too long to begin vitamin C and lysine! And I find it hard to believe "naturopaths" would recommend statins?!?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”