L-Taurine as a natural diuretic?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

DoctorBob

L-Taurine as a natural diuretic?

Post by DoctorBob » Mon May 31, 2010 3:56 am

Hi all,

Ive read that the Pauling therapy calls for 1 gram of L-Taurine per day. Is this for the diuretic effect? I broke down and took some Lasix on Saturday night/early Sunday a.m. because of the discomfort in my abdomen. I felt some fluid pressing against my diaphragm, which led to some uncomfortable heart palpitations. I know I felt much more comfortable when I got rid of a a good amount of the fluid.

I am anticipating full recovery thanks to the Vitamin C and Lysine and ubiquinol, etc., etc., etc because I was told by my cardiologist again that my mild CHF is reversible. However, I know that I'll get better faster by getting rid of the fluid. I really don't want the Lasix, however!

Any suggestions and thanks so much!

Dr. Bob

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: L-Taurine as a natural diuretic?

Post by ofonorow » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:36 am

The Taurine recommendation is from the late cardiologist Robert Atkins (famous for the Atkins Diet) who wrote in one of his books that "if doctors understood the value of taurine for heart patients, it would be the second or third largest selling heart "drug". He listed its many attributes, and one attribute that comes to mind is that it plays a role in helping the body assimilate fat soluble vitamins. Here is the book: http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Atkins-Vita-Nutrient-Solution-Natures/dp/B0002OUQSU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275578486&sr=1-1

p.s. you might note the first Amazon review - as I just did!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Ralph Lotz » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:59 am

Taurine is an osmoregulator and much more:

Taurine and its potential therapeutic application

Taurine exhibits antioxidative properties, regulates intracellular Ca2+ concentration, acts as a neuromediator and neuromodulator, is responsible for osmoregulation, is involved in cholic acid production, and modulates inflammatory reactions. The amino acid seems to be an important trophic factor in the retina, nervous system, and kidneys. The protective action of taurine on heart muscle and the antagonistic effects of this amino acid and angiotensin II arouse great interest.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18305447
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:00 am

Lasix is like a comparison to whiskey a shot here and there ain't going to hurt you but if you do it constently it's going to hurt you!!
You might want to have a talk with your doc theres a couple of new Vasopressin Receptor Antagenist which are Potassium sparing. One that comes to mind is lixivaptan I'm not sure if this got main stream approval or not yet!
I also believe that now that your paying attention to whats going on you'll get a good handle on it an rein it in.
Remember CHF is a symptom that something is out of balance so make sure you also look outside of the box.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

DoctorBob

Post by DoctorBob » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:38 pm

Thank you gentlemen, as always, for your help!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”