HI new to board with some questions/ thanks

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: HI new to board with some questions/ thanks

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:44 am

My first thought is CoQ10 - we make less every year, and it becomes therefore more like a vitamin, we need to get more of it from our diet. But meats only provide 5-10 mg. I would start around 200 mg CoQ10, and it should be taken with fats for absorption. Required for energy (ATP) in ALL cells. (You didn't mention whether you are taking any prescription drugs, and if so this dosage for coenzyme Q10 might be increased.)

I basically recommend Linus Pauling's daily regimen from his book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER. Vitamins C, E, A and B-complex Based on your description, I think the amounts of vitamin C/lysine you have adopted are okay, and the only other supplement that may help is magnesium - 300 to 400 mg. An old book tied varicose veins to a lack of fiber in the diet. (Save Your Life Diet, by Jerry Rubin if memory serves.)

My general recommendation is here
http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutali ... /protocol/
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: HI new to board with some questions/ thanks

Post Number:#2  Post by Ralph Lotz » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:05 am

varicose vein

Supplements that might help are Grape Seed Extract 95%, Diosmin, Horse Chestnut Extract and Butcher's Broom.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”