Can vitamin C lower systolic blood pressure

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Can vitamin C lower systolic blood pressure

Post by ofonorow » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:03 am

I have high systolic BP...are there any people that you know of who have lowered their BP by using high dosage of Vit C?

The answer is yes when you also include Pauling's recommendation of lysine with the vitamin C.

A small narrowing of the arteries leads to a large rise in blood pressure, which is why docs measure it. Many people have reported sustained drops in BP after starting the Pauling therapy, and unless your arteries are calcified and hard, it happens quickly. In the case of calcifications, you should add vitamin K and it can take 6 to 12 months.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Schigara
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Can vitamin C lower systolic blood pressure

Post by Schigara » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:08 am

In just a little less than 3 months, my bp has gone from 140/90 to around 110-115/60-65

My current regimen:

15 grams Vitamin C(ascorbic acid tablets) 3-500mg tablets most every hour while awake or 10 doses total

5 grams L-Lysine 1 500mg tablet every hour with the VC

2.5 grams L-Proline 1 500mg capsule every other hour and with the Lysine and VC

800 IU Vitamin E 1 400IU morning and evening taken 30 minutes apart from the Vitamin C

3000mg Omega 3 fish oil split up into 3 doses

3000 IU Vitamin D3 3 doses of 1000IU taken 30 minutes apart from VC

100 mcg Vitamin K-2 in the morning

Once daily B complete

2 grams of Chondroitin Sulfate

500mg Magnesium Oxide

BaronZemo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by BaronZemo » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:25 am

Schigara wrote:In just a little less than 3 months, my bp has gone from 140/90 to around 110-115/60-65

My current regimen:

15 grams Vitamin C(ascorbic acid tablets) 3-500mg tablets most every hour while awake or 10 doses total

5 grams L-Lysine 1 500mg tablet every hour with the VC

2.5 grams L-Proline 1 500mg capsule every other hour and with the Lysine and VC

800 IU Vitamin E 1 400IU morning and evening taken 30 minutes apart from the Vitamin C

3000mg Omega 3 fish oil split up into 3 doses

3000 IU Vitamin D3 3 doses of 1000IU taken 30 minutes apart from VC

100 mcg Vitamin K-2 in the morning

Once daily B complete

2 grams of Chondroitin Sulfate

500mg Magnesium Oxide

Wow, my regimen is similar to that..Just added proline a few days ago
Blood pressure is still 140/90+ range
Have ordered sustained release arginine, see if that works

bbtri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by bbtri » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:08 am

BaronZemo wrote:

Maybe you should consider using magnesium citrate instead of magnesium oxide. The oxide form is not absorbed.

BaronZemo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by BaronZemo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:05 am

bbtri wrote:
BaronZemo wrote:

Maybe you should consider using magnesium citrate instead of magnesium oxide. The oxide form is not absorbed.

I believed I tried that a while ago (it was a type of magnesium that would not give you loose stools)..however I tried it in high doses and it did not work,also tried k, coq10, fish oil in high doses, soy powder...not even a dent

J.Lilinoe

Post by J.Lilinoe » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:34 am

Shane Elliot, The Peoples' Chemist, claims that Vitamin D is a hormone and NOT a vitamin AND it can cause too much calcium to accumulate in the arteries or heart. He says that we should only get our D from either the sun or fish oil but not from the capsules. He claims that the capsules are just a way for the manufacturer to profit.

Lemonaid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Lemonaid » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:41 am

There's no profit margin in Vitamin D.

Seriously...

J.Lilinoe

Post by J.Lilinoe » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:13 am

Huh? if there wasn't any profit to be made, the company would not make them. What you mean is that there is no HUGE profit margin as compared to what a drug company can make, right?

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Ralph Lotz » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:04 pm

Shane's advice is usually good. In the case of vitamin D he is off the mark.
Vitamin D saves lives.
Vitamin D may increase calcium levels only when there is too much calcium and not enough vitamin A, magnesium, boron and lysine, with prolonged doses of D above 10,000 IU per day.

It has been estimated that 80% of the world's population is deficient in vitamin D. People with 25(OH)D levels below 30 ng/dl have increased risk for cancer and heart attacks. Recent research show that the muscle weakness caused by statins can be ameliorated with vitamin D.

For people who live too far north or too far south it is foolish to not take vitamin D supplements. Much of the natural vitamin D3 is obtained from lamb's wool.

Most people cannot achieve optimal levels of 25(OH) D unless they supplement with at least 5,000 IU daily. In the case of my daughter in IL., she must use 10,000 IU per day. If you are fortunate enough to live south of Atlanta or in New Mexico where Shane lives, then about 20 minutes of sun with 80% body exposure should yield about 10,000 IU.

5,000 IU Vitamin D3 caps cost as little as <4 cents per day:
http://www.vitacost.com/Country-Life-Vi ... 0-Softgels

A New Yorker cannot vacation in Florida for 4 cents a day.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:22 am

J.Lilinoe wrote:Shane Elliot, The Peoples' Chemist, claims that Vitamin D is a hormone and NOT a vitamin AND it can cause too much calcium to accumulate in the arteries or heart. He says that we should only get our D from either the sun or fish oil but not from the capsules. He claims that the capsules are just a way for the manufacturer to profit.

I think the problem is that he is lumping vitamins D2 and D3 together, as the calcium build-up is a known toxic effect of vitamin D2, and the reason Pauling did not recommend vitamin D. I cannot be sure that vitamin D3 has all the good effects of sunshine/UVB lamp in winter, but I doubt it has these particular problems. I would like to learn more, but this confusion does not help matters.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Ralph Lotz » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:45 am

I cannot be sure that vitamin D3 has all the good effects of sunshine/UVB lamp in winter, but I doubt it has these particular problems.

In the skin, 7-Dehydrocholesterol is irradiated by the sun to form D3, cholecalciferol.

At the vitamin factory, D3 cholecalciferol is made by the irradiation of 7-Dehydrocholesterol, which is extracted from lanolin found in sheep's wool.

cholecalciferol = cholecalciferol
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:16 am

I agree that sun light creates vitamin D3. Shane's paper seems to claim that vitamin D is one among many substances (hormones? ). I was merely commenting on my experience. I was taking some vitamin D - 1000 to 2000 iu, and still got sick, and may have taken 5000 iu. I seem to get COMPLETE protection from infection during winter w/an operational UVB lamp used for 20 minutes daily.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Lemonaid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Lemonaid » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:23 pm

Owen, 20 minutes of UV you should be generating up to 15 to 20 thousand IUs.

The connection to 25(OH)VitaminD and disease states has already been made.

Shane is blatantly lying here.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:12 am

Well the UVB only shines on my back and the following link from Weston-Price has been revised, and claims much less Vitamin D is created by the sun, , http://www.westonaprice.org/abcs-of-nutrition/168.html

The current suggested exposure of hands, face and arms for 10-20 minutes, three times a week, provides only 200-400 IU of vitamin D each time or an average of 100-200 IU per day during the summer months. In order to achieve optimal levels of vitamin D, 85 percent of body surface needs exposure to prime midday sun. (About 100-200 IU of vitamin D is produced for each 5 percent of body surface exposed, we want 4,000 iu.) Light skinned people need 10-20 minutes of exposure while dark skinned people need 90-120 minutes.11
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”