Trying to get off statins

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Trying to get off statins

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:49 am

I want to get off statin drugs. I\'m 63 and took Lipitor for years, was switched to Zocor, and experienced multiple complications though cholestrol is lowered. What product should I take and will the Pauling therapy work if I just purchased my own Vit. C and Lysine?

Yes - go to the store, look for a brand with the fewest fillers, e.g. Nature's Made, and buy 500 mg vitamin C and 500 mg lysine tablets. We put our (Pauling's) standard protocol here:

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026

If you tire of pills, and after you know your bowel tolerance, we can recommend a powdered drink mix that is more convenient.

Bowel tolerance info http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm

p.s. In my opinion, low cholesterol is a bad side effect of statins. Long story, but we discuss it often, cholesterol becomes elevated in heart disease because it is an important mechanism helping the body fight heart disease. When the heart disease is eliminated, cholesterol naturally falls to around 180 mg/dl (total cholesterol).

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Trying to get off statins

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:30 am

Thank you so much for your prompt reply! I can't wait to get started. I did tons of research on the internet yesterday and ended up with your website.

My father who is 94 and lives in CA called in the middle of my research. He is healthier than I am; although, he had bypass surgery when he was 81.

He told me for the past 3 years he's been taking this amazing product called Heartech and hadn't used his cholesterol meds in years! I was flabbergasted!

Who knew I could just ask Dad?

Great story! (And interesting coincidence that he called when he did.)

Hey we are looking for people like your dad to film, or send us a film of them telling their story. With the idea of making a Pauling-therapy documentary.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:59 am

He would love it! He loves to talk and is used to speaking to groups about other topics. I'll ask him and send you his name and number. If I may ask one more question before I start the therapy, will it effect my acid-reflux? I do take Nexium, unfortunately.

I recommend that you make it a TOP priority to read WHY STOMACH ACID IS GOOD FOR YOU by Jonathan Wright and Lane Lenard. http://www.amazon.com/Why-Stomach-Acid-Good-You/dp/0871319314/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1283257828&sr=8-1

In a nutshell, it is DANGEROUS to fool with mother nature, and mother nature intended for you to have high amounts of stomach acid. You are risking blindness, depression, lung infections, etc. etc., not to mention that low stomach acid also interferes with the absorption and utilization of vitamin C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#4  Post by J.Lilinoe » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:15 pm

Nexium = proton pumb inhibitor
proton pump inhibitos = dangerous SCAM drug

ALL proton pump inhibitors kill off your stomach acid if you take it long enough which then causes the deadly C. difficule bacteria to proliferate. Good Luck!

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#5  Post by J.Lilinoe » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:20 pm

scottbushey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by scottbushey » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:38 pm

Donsbach (Let's Talk Health) has a product I take called "No Gerd" and I was able to stop my PPI after 10 years. Now I take 2 of these caps twice daily.

D-Limonene 300mg*
Licorice Root Extract (De-Glycyrrhizinated) 50mg*
*Percent Daily Value Not Established
Other Ingredients: Beeswax, Calcium Carbonate, Silicone Dioxide

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#7  Post by J.Lilinoe » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:08 am

How about just taking apple cider vinegar w/ water after a meal for gerd?

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”