Young Heart Patient with More Questions

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Young Heart Patient with More Questions

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:29 am

hi Owen

i apologize for the delay, i started a while ago and for some reason never completed. i wanted to answer your questions and give you an update.

1. i have ordered the Thompson buffered vitamin c. i tried regular vitamin c, but it was too acidic. starting with 10 g per day and titrate as much as i can tolerate. i looked into Lpo-C, however, it seems expensive per dosage. if i take 10-20 grams per day, the pack that sells for $40 only lasts 2 days. does lypo-c require the same dosage?

2. I'm taking 80 mg of pravastain per day. its actually pretty mild compared to the others i have been on, however i would like to lower the dosage and even eliminate.

3. am i still looking at 250-2000 mg /day for proline and upto 6k grams of l-lysine?

i will try these 3 items to see how i feel and then add the other recommended items.

Heres where it gets interesting, despite good diet and exercise, I've been having angina again since my latest stent placements. however, this time its at intermittent times during exercising. as with before it would be more consistent when working out.

the odd part is that my recent stress test results were positive and the one i had prior to my stent placements didn't show much change. any thoughts?

i have to meet with the cardiologist tomorrow.

my questions are:

a. how long on the regimen do people normally require before noticing a reduction and elimination of the angina and/or the stress test scans returning to normal?

b. are there any documented cases and pictures, of people that used the regimen, with before and after angiograms showing the reduction of plague and opening of the arteries?

and for that matter, for stress tests? but i would prefer angiograms.

thanks again for all your help and again i apologize for the delay. please let me know if you would like me to call you to expedite these items because time is of the essence at this point.

god bless

frank

Livon Lypo-C is roughly equivalent to 5000, perhaps up to 10,000 mg of ordinary vitamin C.

What is your bowel tolerance of "Thompson" C? (Is it ascorbic acid, or sodium ascorbate?)

So you haven't started lysine or proline??? And you are feeling angina.

If you read Carol Smith's later posts, she was having angina from the inflammation caused by her stent, and it required a LARGE dosage to overcome her pain. Scroll down to "10 Year Carol Smith Saga Continues" at http://paulingtherapy.com/

Question a: Often as soon as 10 days, but again it is related to proper dosage, and you haven't yet started either lysine or proline.

Questin b: Read Carol 2's story at the same web site - echo cardiogram and nuclear stress test. You can read more at http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/#TESTIMONY
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Young Heart Patient with More Questions

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:33 am

thanks owen

the vitamin c is listed as Vitamin C (as calcium ascorbate, ascorbic acid). i will look at the carol story and yes i havent started the proline yet?

also , i forgot to ask you, how does vitamin c actaully dissolve or remove the plague from the artery and clear it out once there is a build up?

thanks

Well, we don't recommend calcium ascorbate - especially in high dosages, as you can run the risk of too much calcium. Either ascorbic acid (you can add baking soda to buffer the acidity) or sodium ascorbate.

Vitamin C is what the body needs to produce collagen - the primary structural protein and what keeps arteries srong. When if vitamin C is lacking, (humans are one of the few species which can't make vitamin C) arteries will weaken, and then crack, leading to plaque buildups (healing process). The cholesterol molecule that substitutes for vitamin C and promotes plaque (the healing process) is Lp(a).

The reversal of existing plaque, according to Linus Pauling, requires lysine (and proline) as these are Lp(a) binding inhibitors, meaning they can reverse the plaque caused by the Lp(a).
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Lone Dog » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:05 am

On one site I found the other day, it said that the pauling therapy can take a year - 6 months to 'shore up' the wall and 6 months to then reverse the plaque. Not sure how credible that is, myself.

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Ralph Lotz » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:30 am

Jeff Fenlason wrote this to Dr. Saul in 2001:

"After I had my third heart attack, I was told by my cardiologist that two of my four bypassed arteries were completely blocked and a third was 70% blocked. He also told me that the two blocked grafts were inoperable. I am 55 years old. I was about to resign to the fact that I would soon be dead when I started reading about Linus Pauling's studies. I started taking mega doses of Vitamin C and L-lysine and my health improved within days. I have been on your site almost daily for the past three months reading and learning about vitamins.

I am now very active and have had no angina since the very start. When I started taking the vitamins I was on several heart medications including nitro pills. I am now only on the vitamins and feeling great. I want every body to know that this really works." Jeff Fenlason

Jeff took 14 grams of vitamin C, 14 grams of lysine and a few grape seed extract pills daily and got phenomenal results almost immediately. Sometimes the simple things work miracles.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:48 am

thanks owen i really appreciate it

the only problem with the sodium ascorbate is the potential rise in blood pressure. =20

NEVER BEEN REPORTED WITH HIGH DOSE IV VITAMIN C (SODIUM ASCORBATE). Read Brownsteins book SALT - as those on a low salt diet with high blood pressure are something like 400 times more likely to suffer a heart attack. He found this buried in the scientific literature. Your blood should have the salt consistency of ocean water. When people cut back too much on salt, this changes hormone balance to retain water, etc. leading to increased risk of an MI. See: drbrownstein.com - SALT . Best salt is unrefined sea salt.

do i understand the other recommendation, is it just mixing the ascorbic acid with baking soda? if so, what it the ratio for that? and what if pills are used? the biggest thing with the ascorbic acid is the acidity and the taste.

ASCORBIC ACID IS A WEAK ACID, AND ROUGHLY TWICE AS POWERFUL AS SODIUM ASCORBATE ACCORDING TO EXPERT CATHCART. ADDING BAKING SODA (AS PAULING DID) CAN REDUCE THE ACIDITY BY TURNING SOME INTO SODIUM ASCORBATE. FORUM HAS VARIOUS FORMULAS.

what do most people do to get around that? do most people use powder or pills or both? the powder definetlty seems cheaper to purchase. and if i am going to be taking alot of this, im trying to get it as cost effective, es pically because of the all the others pills i need to take right now.

DEPENDING ON YOUR INTAKE ISSUE - YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER TAKING SOME AS LYPO-C (livonlabs.com) AS THIS BYPASSES THE ACIDITY AND TASTE ISSUE.

what is the risk of getting too much calcium? and what are the signs of that?

DR. THOMAS LEVY IS WORKING ON AN ENTIRE BOOK ENTITLED "DEATH BY CALCIUM" . LONG STORY. I SUPPOSE BIGGEST RISK IS PRECIPITATION IN THE BLOOD AND CALCIFYING THE ARTERIES.

thanks again for all your help. i apoligize for all the questions, but im in a tough spot and i want to ensure i am follwoing the protocol properly so i can be an avicate for you.

frank
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”