57 year-old NZ female with family history and high chol

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

57 year-old NZ female with family history and high chol

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:48 am

From New Zealand

I have familial high cholesterol (7.5) and have been prescribed by cardiologist to take 20mg lipex and 10mg ezitrol??. I suffered adverse eaction to the drugs and have since stopped taking them. I had an angiogram which showed 30 - 50% blockage of all main arteries to heart. I was told that I would require a stent and heart by pass within 10 years, even on the above medication and that these would be performed underemergency conditions.

I\'m 57 years old with a 12 year old daughter. My mother died at 66 from a heart attack and my brother at 56. I don\'t want to give my daughter the same history as mine. I want to live (and not just exist) as long as I can and take charge of my own health but have not been sure what to do. I will be buying your book but would really appreciate some feedback from you in the interim. Please feel free to ask me any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

I\'m feeling furious with this particular cardiologist for his, almost arrogant attitude to my life, and also furious with myself for allowing fear to paralyze me for so long.

Thank you

If you trust Linus Pauling as I do, then the answer is always the same - vitamin C. The key is proper high dosage, and once you know your tolerance (some people have an extremely low tolerance) we can suggest a product.

First try starting with the following protocol using vitamin C (and lysine) from a local drug store (with the fewest extra fillers).

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026

The Pauling protocol should halt and even reverse the "disease" process (Pauling called it a healing process, plaque covers arteries weakened by too little collagen (caused by too little vitamin C). Again, the issue is dosage and the caveat is that some maintenance dosage is required for life.

Hi

I reached 20000mg Vitamin C over 1 day but forgot to do the lysine. Do I have to go through the whole process again? Please say no! I'm very keen to start what ever regime I need to be on so that when I next go to the cardiologist and have an angiogram, we can measure the difference, or at worst, no difference.

Please advise, given the above tolerance, what I should do, how I go about purchasing and shipping to New Zealand. Best financial options etc. etc.

Kind regards
Linda C.

Dear Linda,

Don't worry, you get plenty of benefit from vitamin C, however the lysine is the agent Pauling said that deactivates (makes less sticky) the Lp(a) cholesterol. Just begin slowing increasing the lysine until it matches vitamin C (up to say 5000 mg daily).

These are general recommendations and not an exact science. One of our most famous cases started at very high dosages the first day. And was painting his house in less than a month!

Now, 2000 mg puts you in a high or top percentile, however it is a preventive, not therapeutic dose according to Pauling. Most people with heart disease require about 5000 mg daily, and I have made the statement that those taking 10,000 mg daily are devoid of heart disease, and have asked for any counter examples (people who take this much and still have CVD) to contact me. So if 2000 is truly your bowel tolerance, you might consider the Lypo-C product which can add the equivalent of roughly 5000 mg per packet, with little or no
additional gas or diarrhea.

Owen

Hi Owen

Can you just confirm for me that the Cardio-C and the Lypo C are 2 separate
products that I should take, or that I should take one or the other. I would like to get this going as soon as possible. Also, is it more economical to buy a year's supply?

Kind regards
Linda

Well reducing the number of shipments saves a lot of money to Australia/New Zealand. Shipping every 2 or 3 months is probably optimal considering shelf life. You can FREEZE Cardio-C, but NOT Lypo-C.

Cardio-C is a drink mix designed to provide lysine and proline w/out any fillers along with 2500 mg of vitamin C per serving. This is the basic Linus Pauling therapy for cardiovascular disease at a preventive dose. Its serving size matches what you say your bowel tolerance is, thus the recommendation.

However, given your history, there are more "powerful" products, such as the Tower Ascorsine-9 product, which contain more heart-healthy ingredients that might be better, at least for the first six months to a year.

With any product, 2 jars provide Pauling's minimum therapeutic dosage of these two key ingredients - vitamin C and lysine.

Lypo-C is for those who cannot get a therapeutic dosage of vitamin C with ordinary ascorbic acid. It provides a highly bioavailable means to administer high dosage vitamin C. People who have trouble tolerating regular C, e.g. gas and diarrhea, can take Lypo-C without problems, and estimates are that 1 gram of Lypo-C is equivalent to AT LEAST 4 grams of ordinary vitamin C. (Perhaps as much as 10 grams)

Lypo-C is for people with low C tolerance, and for cases where the blood levels should be elevated above what is possible with ordinary C, as Dr. Levy believes 5-6 packets can be equivalent to intravenous Vitamin C.

If you tolerance is really 2000 mg then you are boderline.

Owen
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

bbtri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: 57 year-old NZ female with family history and high chol

Post Number:#2  Post by bbtri » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:23 am

Check your numbers:

I reached 20000mg Vitamin C over 1 day

Your response:
Now, 2000 mg puts you in a high or top percentile,

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:35 am

bbtri wrote:Check your numbers:

I reached 20000mg Vitamin C over 1 day

Your response:
Now, 2000 mg puts you in a high or top percentile,

Good catch. Thank you! (Now I understand why people use commas in large numbers :) I'm double checking with her, but she wouldn't need Lypo at that level.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Ralph Lotz » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:08 am

If I had familial hypercholesterolemia I would try 500 mg of niacin, 3 times a day with meals in addition to your other recommendations.
Also, it is imperative to eliminate sugar, fructose and high fructose corn sweetener (syrup.) This alone could reduce cholesterol by 30% in 3 months.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”