Lysine vs. Arginine

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Lysine vs. Arginine

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:24 am

Hi Owen. I wanted to find out your thoughts on whether the Linus Pauling protocol of Vitamin C & Lysine can be taken together with L-arginine at the same time? Or should one space them out like every 2 hrs.

Have you had many people report great success of using L-arginine vs l-lysine?

Thanks,

Todd

Sorry no or little experience combining Pauling's therapy with high arginine. Read the books, but the Pauling recommendation has to do with Lp(a), collagen and lysine's proline's relationship to Lp(a) and the structure of collagen. Arginine has other properties, and in theory adding arginine should be beneficial.

There is a reported arginine and lysine antagonism. Although I have heard scientists describe how one or the other makes DNA coil and uncoil, and thus has effects on viruses, etc. I really don't know much about this supposed antagonism. It is possible that if you are trying to use lysine to fight a virus, say cold sores, high arginine might block this particular action.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Lysine vs. Arginine

Post Number:#2  Post by majkinetor » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:27 am

There also seems to be a problem with L-Arginine and ACE inhibitors. The two can interact and mess with potassium levels in the body.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”