Dec 2010 VAP test

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

jknosplr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dec 2010 VAP test

Post Number:#1  Post by jknosplr » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:30 am

Enclosed find my latest Vap test and cholesterol lipid panel Dec 2010. Could one explain the difference between the Cholesterol test that appears high in the VAP (Page1) but more main stream in the cholesterol lipid panel (page 2 ). I'm quite confused as to the number that I should be concerned with. I originally used the lipid panel no's, now the VAP is high ???.

Also can any one have input on the LDL density pattern and which pattern is more desirable A or B and WHY!

Any other explanations of the other numbers VAP would be appreciated.

Please put it in layman's terms if you would as I am a long way from being a chemist or doctor.

Thanks and Happy New Year to all

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3608681/vap_%212_30_2010_1.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3608681/VAP_%212_30_2010_2.jpg

jknosplr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Dec 2010 VAP test

Post Number:#2  Post by jknosplr » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:47 am

Study I found while investigating the VAP test results

http://www.herbaladvantage.com/includes/heart-1x.htm

"A study of 1,605 randomly selected man in Finland, aged 42 to 60 years, was conducted between 1984 and 1989. None of the men had evidence of pre-existing heart disease. After adjusting for other confounding factors, men who were deficient in vitamin C had 3.5 times more heart attacks than men who were not deficient in vitamin C. The scientists's conclusion was, "Vitamin C deficiency, as assessed by low plasma ascorbate concentration, is a risk factor for coronary heart disease." British Medical Journal (Vol 314, Iss 708, 1997)

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:41 am

These reports are strange. Same blood? (This is a mystery Charlie Brown.) Were the blood samples taken at the same time? What does the doctor/lab say about the difference? 180 mg/dl would be perfect, but the VAP test, which I used to have faith in, puts it at 226 would be high. Why would two labs determine such different numbers? (Unless the VAP test has changed, their numbers were measured.) I think I would ask the people who conducted the tests why total cholesterol would be reported so differently. (We have learned from the home cholesterol tests that diet and time of day can strongly affect a cholesterol reading.)

The Lp(a) isn't too bad, but those on vitamin C/lysine/proline usually end up closer to zero (1 or 2).

Remind us, what is your Pauling therapy dosage and for how long? Thx.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

jknosplr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by jknosplr » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:24 am

Yes the Test results were from the same day sample 7:30am. That was my ?? why the difference between the two tests. I'm going to call the lab Monday morning and find out.

20000-25000 mg VC
6000 mg lysine
6000 mg l-proline
2000 mg Niacin
1000 iu VE
1000 IU D3
1000 mg omega 3
200 mg Q10
100 mg Magnesium Citrate
B complex complete
100 mg grape seed extract
1000mg l-arginine

All per day for last two years
went from 1gr to 2gr niacin about 4 months ago if the standard Lipid test is correct then I decreased the Total cholesterol almost 20mg/dl from last test.

Also increased pattern A from pattern B large buoyant LDL from small dense LDL according to what I read when this happens LDL cholesterol numbers will increase due to the particle size increasing not a bad thing because the buoyant LDL cannot get into the cracks of the endothelium membrane to build plaque..

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by Johnwen » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:09 am

Here's a link that will give you a better Idea of what this all means. It's pretty straight forward and only gets a little techy. Hope it helps.
On your totals one is calculated the other is the sum of all readings. Usually it's LDL+Vldl-HDL.
Different labs Different readings I guess.

http://www.heartpoint.com/cholesadvanced.html
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by pamojja » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:01 am

jknosplr wrote:Please put it in layman's terms if you would as I am a long way from being a chemist or doctor.

As a layman myself I'm not as able as Dr. Davis. You could find many articles about this - and much more - at his 'Heart Scan Blog'.

jknosplr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by jknosplr » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:02 am

Ceases to amaze me........LabCorp will only talk to the doctor about test results. Even if I order the test, pay for the test they refuse to talk to any body but the ordering physician. What a racket heath care is!!!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”