Constipation on Pauling Therapy

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Constipation on Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:09 am

I have had a problem with constipation caused by Cardio- C, presumably because of its hydrophilic nature. I drank extra water but I am afraid to use it. I have a high fibre diet & I've never been constipated before. since dropping back onto vitamin C (double dose) the problem has not returned
Any ideas?
G.R.

This seems to be a very rare reaction, and from your experiment, it is connected to something other than vitamin C, either the lysine, proline or stevia. At some point, vitamin C will overcome the constipation, and you might consider adding more C to Cardio-C, or keeping the vitamin C constant, and slowly reintroduce the Cardio-C back into your regimen.

If your guess is correct, you might try Tower's Cardio-Ade - as it does not have the proline.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Constipation on Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:08 pm

& I've never been constipated before.

Really surprising me, because since I started generous doses of vitamin C I've never been constipated (was before). In fact I don't remember the last time finishing my cup with vitamin C in the morning before having to go to the toilet.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Constipation on Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:13 am

To clarify - I believe he wrote that it only happens on Cardio-C which is vitamin C/lysine/proline with a little stevia. When he went back to a double dose of C - no problem.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”