91 year old mother has Hyponatremia, C/Lysine okay?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

91 year old mother has Hyponatremia, C/Lysine okay?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:28 am

Hello, my mother is 91. I just had her taken off Lipitor. She is on Meds for her High Blood pressure. And she is borderline diabetic.

She has Hyponatremia. I have her on 300mg of sea salt per day, 1000mg of Vitamin C. I want to reverse her high blood pressure by giving her 6000-10,000 IU vitamin C ascorbate and L-Lysine.

Is this OK?

Not a lot of info. IU? You mean 6000 to 10000 mg of vitamin C? If so good.
Off lipitor. Good. If she cannot tolerate that much vitamin C, consider a liposomal form - such a Lypo-C from livonlabs.com. We think 1 packet of Lypo-C is roughly equivalent to 5000 mg of ordinary oral vitamin C. So at 2 packets per day, she can easily take 10000 mg of vitamin C without any chance of diarrhea.

I would also add something like Cardio-C too. A half-scoop drink (twice per day) would give her another 2500 mg of vitamin C and lysine.

The diabetic issue may be different for a 91 year old, but if you get time, review healingmatters.com - which cites research showing that unnatural trans fats are generally the root cause of Type II diabetes.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”