Bypass Surgery Aborted Due to Kidney Problems - C OK?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Bypass Surgery Aborted Due to Kidney Problems - C OK?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:35 am

Dear Owen R Fonorow
There is a patient in India whose has been advised bypass surgery but complications are that the patient is also having kidney problem. Doctor,s say that he cannot be operated because of kidney problem. There is a risk involved in bypass surgery. Is there any case reported where vitamin c or Cardio-C is given to treat Atherosclerosis in patients having kidney problems? Is it advisable to suggest this patient to take Vitamin C? Vitamin C of US Pharmaceutical grade ismade in India having a purity of >99.8 %.
Regards
Dr.Balaram J. D.

Excellent question and I am not aware of a simple answer. We believe that vitamin C (Coq10) can help improve the health of the kidneys, but there is literature to the contrary - that would contraindicate vitamin C in kidney failure. Unfortunately there has not been enough research. We do know that heart disease is a serious problem in general for kidney patients.

I would proceed as follows monitoring kidney function. I would give 250 mg of oral vitamin C every 4 hours. This maintain blood serum levels and would minimize kidney function for any vitamin C spillage.

If the patient tolerates 250 mg, I would increase to 500 mg every 4 hours, and monitor.

Then after a few days, I would add an equivalent amount of lysine.

Per usual, minimize protein and increase water intake to reduce the workload on the kidneys.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”