High LDL and Brother under stress and angry

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

High LDL and Brother under stress and angry

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:01 pm

>Dear Mr Fonorow,

I have a few questions.

#1, I am 55, quit smoking 2.5 years ago and have LDL of 189. I need to reduce that safely and quickly. I have read about Dr Pauling's protocol and want to order a product. What do you suggest I use.

2nd, my brother is under stress and is angry and unhappy all the time. He finally brought it up with me and asked me what he should do. In reading your testimonials I read one> where the woman said that they should prescribe this instead of antidepressants. What is your exper >ience with using Vit for depression/anxiety/anger issues etc. he is 45 and healthy except for asthma..

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Best Regards, Paula in Denver

Our usual recommendation is to begin Pauling's recommended protocol (The Pauling THerapy) according to this forum post,
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026
This helps one determine their vitamin C tolerance (how much one can take before diarrhea.) For those with low tolerances, (too low to get enough vitamin C in the body orally) we would recommend a lipsomal product, such as livonlabs.com Lypo-C.

If you already know your tolerance, let me know. A good starting Pauling Therapy product is 1 or 2 jars of Cardio-C monthly. (http://www.paulingtherapy.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=18) if you are not generally taking other supplements, then we might recommend another more complete product (more anti-CVD nutrients).

What is your total cholesterol? Pauling cited research that shows total cholesterol "Normalizes" to 180 mg/dl on the "proper" or optimal amount of vitamin C. The more your total cholesterol is above 180 mg/dl, the more vitamin C you probably require to lower it. (Some of your LDL may be Lp(a). Lysine and proline seem to lower Lp(a) which is grouped in with LDL. )

As far as your brother, if he has mercury fillings, then yes, high dose daily vitamin C may very well help by helping the body remove mercury out of his system, but this is somewhat controversial (at least at this forum!). Mercury detox is not a simple subject, but vitamin C is a good first step.

There are of course scores of potential reasons for the "anger" but I would try vitamin C. In fact, I would try Pauling's entire regimen. Will he read HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER by Linus Pauling?

And rereading your email, the Asthma may be a clue. If he is taking stomach acid blockers (e.g. Nexium or Prilosec) that may explain his problem. This causes an unfortunate chain of events that the book WHY STOMACH ACID IS HEALTHY FOR YOU by Jonathan Wright and Lane Lenard explains. You learn why lowering stomach acid can cause Asthma, by creating a condition where the body cannot absorb vitamin B12. A vitamin B12 deficiency WILL cause depression and anger.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”