It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:15 am

Type 2 Diabetic facing stent, worried about kidneys 
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Type 2 Diabetic facing stent, worried about kidneys
Quote:
I'm a 62 year old type 2 diabetic and my cardiologist want to perform a cardiac cath and install a stent if needed. I have been reading your info on Lysine and Vitamin c. I want to start taking the vitamin C and Lysine for my heart. My question is: will the lysine affect my kidneys?

What is wrong with your kidneys?? Lsyine is essential and you need at least 1 g daily to exist. You might find our forum helpful.

If you join forum, email me after you register - you must send me the registration email and I will activate your account.

I will also answer specific questions via email. As far as general recommendations, I wrote a book: the Pauling Therapy Handbook! http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/

We also point people to this topic for basic instructions on how to gradually begin Linus Pauling's therapy and determine your vitamin C tolerance:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026

I have not heard of any specific problems re: lysine, but if you are Type 2 you may want to visit Thomas Smith's web site, healingmatters.com, and start with this article http://healingmatters.com/deception.htm. I always get positive feedback (lowering and control of blood sugar) from people I refer to that web site.

Curing Type 2 is important because high blood sugar interferes with the uptake of vitamin C into cells.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:37 am