Best Product for High Lp(a)

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Best Product for High Lp(a)

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:01 am

I was about to order Tower Heart Technology and the representative advised me to email you to see if that would be the correct supplement for me or if maybe Cardio-C would be more helpful.

I have very high lipoprotein (a) as told to me by my cardiologist (376 in 2007 and 225 in 2009) and would like to try Dr. Pauling's formula to help me out. I am 62 years old and already have moderate build up of plaque in my carotid arteries.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You, Sally C.

I hope that Lp(a) number is nmol/l rather than mg/dl!! Wow.

I am not sure what they were thinking.. Were you about to order CardioAde? Cardio-C includes proline, which we believe is the key ingredient in lowering Lp(a) but Tower's Heart Technology has proline, plus other factors that may even be more important. So I am not sure what they had in mind.

Here is a forum post we point people to get started on the therapy. Once you know your C tolerance, and perhaps a few more details, we can recommend an appropriate product.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Best Product for High Lp(a)

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:42 am

Yes, nmol/l. My problem seems to be genetic. I even tried Dr. Ornish's diet, with absolutely no fat at all, (although I lost 15 lbs.) and my numbers didn't change much. So, you can see why I am grasping at straws to find a way to stay healthy and watch my grandchildren grow.

The supplements I try to take on a daily basis would be

Centrum Silver for Women
81 mg. aspirin
Natures Bounty CoQ10 100
Natures Bounty Biotin 5000 mcg
Sundown Super Max B Complex
New Vitality Vitamin D 2000 mg (D3)
Solgar Lysine/Proline 500 (2)
Purity Products Triple Action Omega 3 (EPA 215 ) (DHA 155) (other omega 3s 80 mg) ( phytosterols 400 mg) (CoQ10 25)
Ester C 1000 mg (2)

I have been trying statins for the past 15 years with not much luck. I was, after finding out my Vit D was low (34) and got it up to 40, able to tolerate 20 mg. of pravastatin. Then my doctor tried 40 and I started with the muscle aches. Now he wants me to try 10 of pravastatin.

My last blood work looked like this: (Not on a statin) January 24, 2011

cholesterol, total 289
triglycerides 126
HDL 56
VLDL cholesterol cal 25
LDL cholesterol 208

When I was on 20 mg. pravastatin it looked like this: September 23, 2010

cholesterol, total 230
tirglycerides 121
HDL 57
VLDL cholesterol 24
LDL cholesterol 149

All my other blood work is perfectly normal. If I could stop this lipoprotein (a) I would be in good physical shape.

By the way, I am active ( walking, tennis) and I do eat a low fat (low saturated fat) diet. I could loose 10 pounds but I'm not sure that is my biggest problem.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the time you are taking to try and help me stop this monster. Again, THANK YOU and God Bless.

Sally C.

Problem with Ester-C is that it is calcium ascorbate (limits your safe intake) - try Vitamin C as pure ascorbic acid powder! YOu need a lot! Work up to as much as you can tolerate. ( If you want it less acid, you can add some sodium bicarb (baking soda) - carefully.. fizzes a lot!) Lypo-C too.

Aspirin can make ones stomach bleed (creates a need for even more vitamin C). I am not a fan..

2000 lysine is "preventive" with Lp(a) such as yours, I'd want perhaps 10,000 mg daily - a la CardioAde - and you should take a lot of proline, (another important Lp(a) binding inhibitor) but not 1 to one. Usually 5 g lysine is balanced with 1 to 2 g proline (or even less, your body can make its own proline). Proline though is probably a key factor in the Lp(a) reductions we see.

Oh and STATIN CHOLESTEROL LOWERING DRUGS ARE KNOWN TO INCREASE Lp(a) NOT LOWER IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll post this and add the link to the Canadian version of the New England Journal of Medicine which contains this info for Canadian docs (USA docs are kept ignorant.) http://naturesperfectstatin.com/warn.htm (Scroll down to "Effects on Lp(a) hilited in yellow)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:32 am

Thanks for getting back to me.

I was thinking of ordering Heart Technology but they thought Cardio Ade might be more beneficial to me.

I know I tolerate at least 2000 mg per day of C. I also take Solgar L-proline/L-lysine 500/500 mg twice a day These amounts apparently aren't helping with my problem.

I guess my question is, when I know my C tolerance, do I try Cardio Ade (which has 5000 C and 5000 lysine) and add prolline (in what amount)?

Or, do I take Heart Technology (C3000, lysine 2800, proline 400) and just add extra vitamin C and/or proline? Is there a proline supplement?

I am trying to find something that is as close to Pauling's recommendation of 3000mg. C, 3000mg proline, 3000mg lysine.

Thanks again for all your help, Sally

3000 vitamin C and 3000 lysine. He made no proline recommendation and the most I have see Rath followers recommend is 1 or 2 grams. (We make our own proline). Heart Technology has had great results with its 400 mg of proline per serving.

The first consideration is bowel tolerance - how much oral vitamin C can you take. The other is what existing supplements are you already taking. I think that either Heart Technology and/or Ascorsine-9 (with the proline) are your best products for that high Lp(a). If money is tight, then I would start with Cardio-C because the proline is probably important for you.

See: http://www.paulingtherapy.com/store/ind ... ex&cPath=9

Not sure why they thought of CardioAde if you never had a bypass?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:39 am

A couple of questions for this person with High LPA.
Are they on any kind of Blood thinners ie. warfarin, Plavix??
Have they had a Clotting factor blood test? ie. PT or INR.
Are they a VEGGI??
Have they ever been diagnoised with Vasospasms, Prinzmetal or raynauds??
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by Johnwen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:07 pm

By the way, I am active ( walking, tennis) and I do eat a low fat (low saturated fat) diet.

OK how about this??

How are these 3 metabolic parameters created in the first place?
--low fat SAD AHA low cholesterol low saturated fat diet
--saturated fat deficiency
--excessive carbs (>10 g/d, >20 g/d, >50 g/d, >100 g/d -- depending on a person's insulin and insulin sensitivity and pancreas/adipose/hormone status)
--inflammation (excessive omega-6 oils)

Read More! What do you think??

http://www.wellsphere.com/heart-health- ... lue/915902

As you can see I'm looking at this from different angles. :idea:
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:58 am

Johnwen wrote:A couple of questions for this person with High LPA.
Are they on any kind of Blood thinners ie. warfarin, Plavix??
Have they had a Clotting factor blood test? ie. PT or INR.
Are they a VEGGI??
Have they ever been diagnoised with Vasospasms, Prinzmetal or raynauds??

Been delayed by a major project/idea that I hope to be able to share with everyone soon - potentially world changing. Anyway, I hope she has been following this thread, but I will send her johnwen's questions (she lives in Germany)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”