Can Lpa go up temporarily while on Pauling Therapy?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Cobraman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can Lpa go up temporarily while on Pauling Therapy?

Post by Cobraman » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:01 pm

This may be more of a direct question to Owen, but others may have some personal experience w/ this. Can Lpa go up temporarily from Pauling therapy due to Lpa being liberated from arterial plaque? And if so what is the range of time for this increase to stabilize and normalize?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Can Lpa go up temporarily while on Pauling Therapy?

Post by ofonorow » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:02 am

We tried to find out - once - paying people who were on or starting Tower Heart Technology. And it seemed to spike, maybe the tests were six months apart. But we didn't publish because it turns out that if you have tests run at different labs - there is really no way to compare the numbers, (and we also learned that big testing firms, such as the big Q - computes, and does not measure Lp(a)). So our mistake was not relying on one lab for all testing.

Having said that, I still remember the medical school professor who discovered on his own, that vitamin C and lysine dropped his elevated Lp(a) by 30% in six months. This is about the number reported in the literature for vitamin C. Then he added proline, but forgot the next six month test. When he had the next test done, some 18 months later, his Lp(a) was zero! Then he called me, and while this is from memory here, the accurate story is in my book.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Cobraman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Cobraman » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:10 am

Mine has appeared to spike despite trying to do all the right things. Only been on Pauling therapy for 3 months so I will be happy to provide a case study of a motivated person at 6 months, etc. Don't know for sure w/ lpa because first Cholesterol test was traditional test. Will be doing vap from here on out to get consistent numbers.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:14 pm

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”